Mute (fair) however...

i tossed a shitpost copy pasta in general ("Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness).
Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music.
Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta.
Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral
EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE
NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE)
Yes this is not constructive nor useful, I was having a goof with friends, i dont care about the 24hr mute being reversed, however that seems a bit excessive no? this is my first and only offence (i had tried to copy paste le toucan) however some form of api has blocked it in text chat (fair). i just find it very concerning that so many transphobic, homophobic and other assorted varieties of toxicity that i find to be very intolerable are so prominent and go unpunished day by day (at this point i can regonize the users by name, we all know no amount of reports seems to affect these players, i mean if you pull thei poeninja accs they are players who have been active for damn near a decade at this point) This is a company based in new zealand, no? i really do expect better than this. I am completely accepting of the 24hr mute but i feel like the priorities of the moderation team is reallyyyyyyy off.... Makes me very sad that general is a more tolerant place to spread hate than to have a little joke, i dont feel stuff like this negatively impacts anyone.(one time thing, not spamming constantly) I know the mute wont be reversed, but if you are going to be this strict on this type of thing, why not clean the disgusting portion of the community up who solely exists to spread hate and create hurtful discussions? just feels like ggg's priorities are in a dumpster fire atm :/
Last bumped on May 26, 2024, 5:17:03 AM
Thank you very much for posting your concerns, we really appreciate the feedback! I have passed your message on to my Supervisor, who will be contacting you soon to discuss this issue privately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info