New the best defensive layer: Corpse Removal

I did 100s of T17. With that experience, I build https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GaripFikir/characters?characterName=Cant_HurtMe. It was very tanky and did most of map mods and hardest strategies. I knew eventually I am going to lost that char to DD. So I used CWDT DD of chain. This setup saved a lot of rips among the other defensive trigger setups. And it did rip to a DD after couple 100 maps.

For my next fast T17 farmer, I have to use DD of chain trigger over any skill. I am still expecting a DD rip.(While I was writing this 200 word essay, I tried devour support. It seems better corpse removal than CoC DD for hit builds)

So what is the best build for T17 farming safely? Obviously answer is a DD build. More specifically CoC Poison DD of chain. This build simply shows to me how powerful DD mechanic for player and against player.
Whatever you guys thinking about DD functionality, before that:

I suggest more non-DD new corpse removal mechanics: guard skills, support gems, on hit&on dead explode or consume should be added.
Last bumped on May 24, 2024, 8:58:45 AM
I never had the problem when i was still playing intensively but sure thing is:

- I was using cold crit skills so corpses were always vanishing
- Monsters were killed quickly and from far away

This doesn't solve anything; there's a problem with DD thats clear (streamers deaths) and also with those throwing spikes in circle on death, eventually...
"
Universalis wrote:

This doesn't solve anything; there's a problem with DD thats clear (streamers deaths) and also with those throwing spikes in circle on death, eventually...

Shattering is not reliable even at slightest. There is a lot of rare mods, T17 maps mods will prevent high HP rares to shatter, which their corpses need to be destroyed. You can skip rares, for skipping map mods you need 100s of chaos orbs.
"
GaripFikir wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

Shattering is not reliable even at slightest. There is a lot of rare mods, T17 maps mods will prevent high HP rares to shatter, which their corpses need to be destroyed. You can skip rares, for skipping map mods you need 100s of chaos orbs.

You have 90% less accidents when you shatter 90% of them.
Shattering + almost off-screen give something like 99%:

I did plenty of these maps this league and I think i died like 2 times on DD (which is too much if you play HC for sure). Thus this is not important at all since I plenty support your DD rework call, some streamers died badly on this, many know that I think, even ggg maybe.
Last edited by Universalis on May 24, 2024, 8:44:48 AM
"
Universalis wrote:
"
GaripFikir wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:

You have 90% less accidents when you shatter 90% of them.
Shattering + almost off-screen give something like 99%:

I did plenty of these maps this league and I think i died like 2 times on DD (which is too much if you play HC for sure). Thus this is not important at all since I plenty support your DD rework call, some streamers died badly on this, many know that I think, even ggg maybe.

Yep, I agree this one. You can be safer with shatter. That makes shatter one of the best defensive mechanics. However, You said corpses always vanishing which wasn't the reality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info