My problem

Hello,

Recently, my alt account has been banned.

I've reached out to the support team by using the "Appeal Ban" option, but it was rejected without a "proper" reason. The only reason I was given was the original reason for the ban which I still firmly believe to have been a mistake.

I've never had an issue with my main account (never been locked/banned) and was surprised when my alt account, that I wanted to use as a mana guardian, got banned. The main reason why the alt account was created was so I could have it setup as a mana guardian/support character when I farm Simulacrums.

Prior to the ban, I transferred some items/currency from my main account to my new account as I was leveling, then put him into the Simulacrums as a support character. At the time of the ban, I had both my main and second account running on the same pc, one using the Steam client and the other was using GGG's stand-alone client. I would tab back and forth between the two clients to move/interact with each client/character independently. Again, no "3rd party software" which is against GGG's ToS.

So, let's say I was using 3rd party software to control both clients, why then did my other account not trigger the same ban? It should have, if I was doing some shady crap with a multiboxing software, but I am NOT, and have not, and have no intention of doing so.

I am 100% positive that I did not do anything that goes against ToS and have emailed the support team multiple times for more clarification. If there is evidence to support the ban, I believe that I should at least be made aware of it so that I do not make the same mistake. Was there some other software running that might have triggered auto-detection or was it because it was a newer account that I traded fairly nice items to and it appeared like RmT?

I find it ridiculous and very counterintuitive that GGG's stance on bans isn't to educate the player base of why they were banned, but simply, "This is our game. We know you deserved to be banned. We will not show you the proof we have to support the ban. No human mistake could have ever been made." This is almost synonymous to you driving your car and then getting pulled over by the cop. The cop tells you that you are speeding and writes you a ticket. You tell them, "I believe I was following the speed limit. Could you show me what was recorded on your speed gun/radar?" Then the cop tells you, "No, I cannot show you the evidence. We know that you were speeding and guilty."

How can we be certain that no mistake was made by your auto-detection system? Is your system 100% accurate with their bans? Have no bans ever been overturned? I doubt it, no system is perfect in this regard.

I started playing in 2018, and in that time, I've never had any bad interaction with GGG support. However, this interaction has felt like trying to talk to a brick wall and not even a real person. All I got was replies like "I'm afraid we are not able to provide any additional information regarding the closure" and "Please note that as we are not able to assist further with this, further correspondence regarding this ban may not receive a response from our team".

Transparency with the player base is one of the biggest factors in improving a community driven game, and to blatantly ignore and refuse to educate a player who has reached out multiple times is very upsetting. I really enjoy this game, and I want to continue playing. This event has made me not very excited to play and left me wondering if my main account is going to be randomly banned without reason.

Respectfully frustrated,
Banned alt guy
Last bumped on May 20, 2024, 9:39:02 PM
Unfortunately, eraapb2000, I'm afraid if you have already appealed the ban there is nothing further we are able to assist you with.
I understand, I disagree, and do not believe anything I was doing was against ToS(to my knowledge).
As I said here:
"
So, let's say I was using 3rd party software to control both clients, why then did my other account not trigger the same ban? It should have, if I was doing some shady crap with a multiboxing software, but I am NOT, and have not, and have no intention of doing so.

To just be outright banned with no explaining the above statement makes no sense to me. If I was breaking any ToS (again, to my knowledge, I was NOT) why can GGG not talk to me about it, and make it clear what is and isn't ok?

I think you can understand my frustration from my point of view when all I get in response is "we can no longer assist you".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info