[3.24] Scourge Arrow Dex Stacking Deadeye

Introduction/Build Inspiration
Spoiler
This was something that I have been wanting to play since the heyday of the original Scourge Arrow Dex Stackers that ran around in deep delve, but never got a chance to do so. I figured this was the league to try and make this build work, and ended up looking around to see what other people ran previously.

I ended up watching and reading through these guides below and came up with my own version of it:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3440689
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3440689

Budget
Spoiler

Early Game: Around 10-15 divines.

End Game: The sky is the limit. However many divines and mirrors you want to sink into a build is your budget. I have probably spent around 1500 divines to put all of this together.

Build Mechanics
Spoiler

Scourge Arrow
Spoiler

We are using the channelling version of Scourge Arrow. This is NOT a Scourge Arrow of Menace build. This means that we will need to stand still and channel stages before attacking. For general mapping, you should be able to clear by channeling to 2-3 stages before releasing. For bosses, you should always be channelling to 5 stages when possible. The amount of time taken to reach maximum stages is reduced by attack speed. In other words, the more attack speed you have, the less time you will be spending channelling, and the more damage you will deal.

Returning Projectiles
Spoiler

This build uses Returning Projectiles as one of the supports for Scourge Arrow. The idea is to take advantage of the innate pierce that Scourge Arrow has by default (i.e. both the primary arrow and thorn arrows will pierce) and 55% total increased projectile speed to unlock the mechanics behind the support gem.

Dex Stacking
Spoiler
This goal of this build is to stack as much dexterity as possible to take advantage of this weapon modifier:

"Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity"

The more dexterity you have, the more DPS you have. Simple as that.

Fractal Thoughts
Spoiler
This unique item requires some attribute balancing. You MUST make sure BOTH dexterity and strength is HIGHER than intelligence.

Defences
Spoiler

1. Evasion Rating - By dex stacking, we naturally gain % increased evasion rating that comes the innate bonuses of dexterity. Combined with the amount of flat evasion provided by Garukhan's Flight Stealth Boots and Grace and it is incredibly easy to gain at least 80% chance to evade attacks.

2. Suppression - This build is 100% spell suppression capped.

3. Blind - There are a number of ways to gain blind on the build. The easiest way is to apply a Tattoo of the Tasalio Warrior on a small dexterity passive node. Because we are hitting so often, 5% chance to blind is more than enough.

4. Ailment Immunity - We gain 50% chance to avoid elemental ailments via Ancestral Vision, an additional 20% by taking the entire Thick Skin passive wheel, and the last 30% via unveiling the "30-35% chance to avoid elemental ailments" modifier on our chest.

5. Freeze - We are a cold-based attack build and have 100% chance to freeze enemies. If enemies are frozen, they can't attack us.

6. Arctic Armour - We need to be stationary and channel to attack. This lets us take full advantage of the "% less physical and fire damage taken when stationary" modifier.

7. Immortal Call/Steelskin - This is up to personal preference. I like the Immortal Call and Cast when Damage Taken setup for more reliable damage mitigation when we do get hit and take damage.

8. Progenesis - This is a phenomenal flask that allows you to take 25% less damage from attacks upfront, and will instead apply it as a DoT effect that occurs over 4 seconds.

Most Importantly: The best defense is damage, the faster you kill something, the less chance they have to kill you.

Videos
Spoiler

T16 8 Mod Jungle Valley on Budget Gear

T16 8 Mod w/ all inc. effect nodes taken

T17 Boss Rush

The Elderslayers

80% Quant The Feared

League Start & Leveling
Spoiler

League Start
Spoiler

Because this build is a dex stacker and requires a Shaper Bow to get started, it is not Day 1 viable. You can pretty much play any of the traditional Elemental Deadeye Builds (i.e. LA Artillery Ballista, Ele Hit, etc) until you have a crafted bow with "Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity."

I personally league started with FuzzyDuckzy's RoA Raider, and then made the swap around Day 3 once I got my hands on a shaper bow.

FuzzyDuckzy's RoA Radier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cp-THu-wio&ab_channel=FuzzyDuckzy

When to Swap to Scourge Arrow?
Spoiler
I recommend switching to Scourge Arrow only after you have obtained the following:

1. A crafted Shaper Bow with "Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity" as one of the mods.
Spoiler

2. The Poised Prism, Primal Arrow Quiver
Spoiler

3. Fractal Thoughts, Vaal Mask
Spoiler

4. Briskwrap, Sun Leather
Spoiler

Early Tree (Post Swap to Scourge Arrow)
Spoiler

This is the tree taken from my character on Day 3 of League Start.
https://pobb.in/V8yks0v6vP0W

Ascendancy
Spoiler

The order is:
1. Gathering Winds
2. Far Shot
3. Focal Point
4. Occupying Force

End Game PoB
Spoiler

This is the PoB of my character in 3.24 Necropolis.
https://pobb.in/I6ZDLdBvAtfB

Gear Progression
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game

The cheapest way to craft this bow early on into the league is to do the following:
1. Obtain ilv 82 Shaper Spine Bow
2. Reforge cold via the harvest bench until you get Tier 3 or higher flat cold with "Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity".
3. Craft "Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers"
4. Craft "(11-13)% Increased Attack Speed"
5. Craft "(25-27)% Increased Critical Strike Chance"

End Game (Necropolis)

To craft this bow:
1. Use this graveyard set-up: https://necropolis.pathoftools.com/3529e00e-149d-4ac4-a6ce-c446eed39d51
2. Make sure the base is a i83 Spine Bow
3. Print bows until you obtain a Shaper-influenced bow with fractured Tier 1 flat cold damage and Tier 1 Global Critical Strike Multiplier
4. Reforge cold via the harvest bench on the Shaper bow until you hit get "Socketed Skills deal 20% more Attack Damage" on the bow.
5. Buy a Hunter-influenced bow with "Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity" as the ONLY influence modifier.
6. Awakener Orb the two bows. Make sure the Hunter-influence bow is the sacrifice and your Shaper-influence bow is the base. It should be incredibly unlikely for the awakener orb to fill all mods. If you are unlucky, apply an orb of annulment and hope it hits one of the suffixes. If not, go back to Step 1.
7. Craft "Prefixes cannot be Changed" and scour if you have non-fractured suffixes.
8. At this point, your bow should only have 4 modifiers: the two fractured modifiers and the two influenced modifiers. You want to craft "Prefixes cannot be Changed" and Veiled Orb slam until you unveil "(12-14)% to deal Double Damage"
9. Craft "(11-13)% increased Attack Speed"

End Game (Non-Necropolis)
You want the following modifiers on a Synthesized Spine Bow base:
1. (Synthesized) "Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity"
2. "Adds (149–204) to (300–348) Cold Damage"
3. (Deafening Essence of Sorrow) Damage Penetrates (15–16)% Cold Resistance
4. Can have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers
5. (11-13)% Increased Attack Speed
6. (25-27)% Increased Critical Strike Chance

Quiver
Spoiler

Early Game

Mid Game

End Game

Helmet
Spoiler

Early

Mid Game
Look to obtain a Fractal Thoughts helmet with the following corruption:
"Socketed Skill Gems get a 90% Cost & Reservation Multiplier"

This will allow you to add Dread Banner to your setup without needing to run Enlighten Support.

End Game

The corruption "Socketed Skill Gems get a 80% Cost & Reservation Multiplier" is only obtainable via mythic orbing a bricked Glimpse of Chaos helmet. Generally, this is not obtainable until much later in the league where people begin farming Trialmaster.

Body Armour
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game

End Game

Gloves
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
Any pair of rare gloves that have "56-60 to Dexterity" and life will do. You can use this to fill resistances, cap suppression, etc.

End Game

Boots
Spoiler

Early Game
Any pair of rare boots that have "51-55 to Dexterity" and life will do. You can use this to fill resistances, cap suppression, etc.

End Game

Belt
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
You will need to craft a rare belt with "Deafening Essence of Sorrow" to gain the "+51-58 to Dexterity" modifier. Other mods to look for are life, resistances, missing attributes.

End Game

Amulet
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game

End Game

Rings
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game

End Game

Jewels
Spoiler

Abyss Jewel (if using Stygian Vise)

Watcher's Eye

Ancestral Vision

Lethal Pride

Split Personality

Massive Thread of Hope

Large Cluster Jewels

Medium Cluster Jewels

Flasks
Spoiler

Early/Mid Game
Any of your usual Quicksilver, Diamond, and Jade Flasks will do in addition to the below:

End Game (Mageblood)

Gem Links
Spoiler

Weapon (6-Link Scourge Arrow Setup)
Spoiler

Body Armour (6-Link Manaforged Arrows and Curse Setup)
Spoiler

Helmet (Auras)
Spoiler
You do not have to link any of these aura gems.

Gloves (Utility and Auras)
Spoiler

2-Link Immortal Call & CWDT Setup:

Remaining Utility:

Boots (Sniper's Mark and Utility)
Spoiler

2-Link Sniper's Mark Setup:

Remaining Utility:

Last edited by Fyrenti on May 19, 2024, 2:24:45 PM
Last bumped on May 19, 2024, 12:05:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: