Don't you guys think it's time to remove reflect mods?

I just vaaled a T16 map for the atlas bonus, and it rolled ele reflect. That is very annoying. Please remove reflect mods.
Last bumped on May 25, 2024, 1:10:32 PM
yeah, they bring nothing to the game, never have, 11 years and their total effect is "you must use a chaos orb" or "hahaha, ahhh, that streamer had a 30 second lapse of concentration and put in a reflect map, haha, gotcha, haha, oh its so funny, so much funny a guy lost his character through some idiotic troll mod"....

yeah, its pathetic, it has no place in the game, has never had any place in the game, has 0 effect on gameplay you are either completely immune to it or you dont run it. purely there to just be a technical hinderance to getting out of your hideout and playing the game, like actual gameplay not reading words on the screen, it simply exists to get in the way of gameplay.

its like the devs have programmed in forgetting your phone, you leave the house, lock the doo.... ah fuck sake i forgot my phone, back in the house to get it, ok now i can leave. its that, its that programmed into the game for 11 years just to waste our time and occasionally infuriate people with bullshit gotcha deaths.

11 years, just get rid of it for goodness sake.
It probably is time.

That said, this topic makes me wonder if they went the wrong direction with reflect. The balance of damage and defenses is basically broken, the scaling has become so out of control that Uber bosses need a 70% global damage mitigation stat and essence mobs in T17 now have so much hp they need to be integer overflow checked. Perhaps it would have been wiser to leave reflect as a mod on rares, as an aura on packs even, and balance the game around lower damage values that actually allow you to mitigate reflected damage instead.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on May 25, 2024, 9:19:57 AM
I think elemental or physical reflect should include CHAOS damage and OVER TIME damage.
Just to be fair, or to be completely removed. :--))))))

/e finding the same equivalent with PROJECTILES vs AOE mod for maps. How acceptable it is to have less AOE map mod while projectiles, which are dominating, do not have any kind of dedicated mod.

Last edited by Universalis on May 25, 2024, 9:30:22 AM
Honestly, one small tweak to reflect mods to make it similar to the old bloodline(?) or nemesis(?) mechanic would be enough to make it tolerable without it bricking a map for certain builds.

It takes a single small instance of damage and fires it in an arc towards your current position instead of applying instantly. It never did enough damage to 1shot you unless your build was made of glass. I thought it was a great way to solve that problem.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info