exploding crystals

please either remove them completely, give the monsters an obvious visual tell so we can see that they have exploding crystals without having to read the monster mods or make the crystals easier to see and take longer to explode.
Last bumped on May 28, 2024, 8:35:12 AM
There is a very distinct sound effect when the crystals spawns. Listen.
They already do have a pretty obvious visual and sound cue?
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
i disagree, i have never heard this sound. also how do you hear it when a harbinger summons it and you have large amounts or rares on screen? something like a purple crystal circling the monster would make it reasonable to react to it.
I admit that i didnt have enough chaos resist to survive previously. after going from +20 to +50 i can now accidently tank the crystals. but its still an accident i dont even have a chance to escape because i dont know they are there
Just a general advice, keep moving. Move -> attack -> move. Don't stand in place for extended time periods and don't move back to spaces you've been in before if you can help it. Requires a bit of getting used to until you do it out of habit without thinking about it but it helps greatly.

The visual clutter in this game is way too messy to actually notice every threat and react to it so you have to avoid stuff proactively or just pack enough defense to shrug it off.
Do you play with your sound off or listen to loud music? Because if you do, of course you won't hear the audio.

You also see small crystals fly from the rare mob to your location, which is another cue.

If you move around you will notice these spikes sticking in the ground, so there is plenty of information to go around with
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Do you play with your sound off or listen to loud music? Because if you do, of course you won't hear the audio.

You also see small crystals fly from the rare mob to your location, which is another cue.

If you move around you will notice these spikes sticking in the ground, so there is plenty of information to go around with

There are situations with delirium or abyss where it is impossible to hear that even without loud music.
"
testplay123 wrote:
i disagree, i have never heard this sound. also how do you hear it when a harbinger summons it and you have large amounts or rares on screen? something like a purple crystal circling the monster would make it reasonable to react to it.
I admit that i didnt have enough chaos resist to survive previously. after going from +20 to +50 i can now accidently tank the crystals. but its still an accident i dont even have a chance to escape because i dont know they are there

You hear it for sure. I think I have missedit a few times, just because I hade focus on something else than playing. But when I hear that sound I Frostblink insta (like in panic). Its is an alert so I can react just in time. If I miss the sound and only see that shit it is 50/50 to get away from it or not.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I prefer to stay in one place and gather them all there - and then escape. I don't know at all if, and then how many I can survive. In HC there is no practice :) If I move around, either I "taunt" new mobs or the whole screen has purple crystals and I stand in a corner and smash my keyboard.
"
ATIX89 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I prefer to stay in one place and gather them all there - and then escape. I don't know at all if, and then how many I can survive. In HC there is no practice :) If I move around, either I "taunt" new mobs or the whole screen has purple crystals and I stand in a corner and smash my keyboard.

In HC we do this thing called "cap chaos resistance" 😋

If you moved around more (as is the default way to play anyway) the damage would also be less spiky, since it deals damage for each crystal beneath you.

As it is, it's a mechanic that you can
a) build defence against
b) avoid entirely
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info