Please turn ALL "Informatic" and UI MTX into "Extra Effect MTX"

Hello,

I really love the MTX that give you stats and stuff.
I will keep out, that these stats should be permanently visible for everyone but that's another topic.

Currently we have to equip the "Exile's Pilfering Ring", "Pedometer Ring" or setup stuff like the "Verdant Evertree Map Device" and keep those equipped or setup to have their statistics. Same goes to things like "Beastmaster Helmet" or "Ghostveil Helmet". You have to Equip an item that changes the looks of your character to have your UI changed.

All these things should not work this way.

My suggestion is, that if you buy or earn a MTX that has an effect like the following, the MTX should itself only be a visible MTX and give the extra "Effect" as toggle or just permanently visible in the "Extra MTX" Tab:
UI Changes, Statistics of any kind, Skins for Non-Player objects (e.g. The Skins for Breaches), Map-Device Stats for times and completed maps (when toggled on it should just display the same way as if you "setup" the mapdevice with that function).
Same goes for all things like Finisher Effects, Divination Card "popup" when opening Stacked Decks, "Ethereal Fusing Effect", Trade-Fistbumps, etc.

Skills given by MTX (e.g. Summon Demon, Turn other Player into something else should be given their own button to trigger and behave like a normal "Skillbutton" that you just map with any skill you unlocked by owning their MTX item.

Of course this suggestion thread excludes effects that are "bound" to themes like e.g. "Ghostveil Body Armour"

Most of the MTX do not make sense to be restricted by an equip-slot or even restricted by any means. There is no reason why you should not be able to have your currency, you looted, only be count when you excplicitly WEAR the Pilfering Ring. It should just always count.
Also you should not be forced to wear some armor that looks you hate, just to have your enemies have a cooler and better to see healthbar, same goes for your own life/mana/es UI settings. I, for example love the "Corrupted Growth Map Device" (where it makes sense that this effect is bound to it) but I also want to have the counter for my maps from the "Verdant Evertree Map Device" and there is no valid and nameable reason why this should not be a thing.

Let us exiles decide what we want to use in which way, especially if some of these things are (or were) super expensive and we can't use it to the full potential.

Thank you for reading.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2024, 5:25:23 AM
Yeah on the one hand they need as many ways as possible to entice people to buy an MTX and make new MTX that are exciting or fresh without being "P2W".

On the other hand I really think being able to Float should not require that I have some purple armour that has a specific look that wont work with other cool looking items. I also want a map timer in my HO that isn't a dumb looking clock
I want many cool effects I've seen in the MTX shop ... but in Crimson, or grey or Silver or any color but the 1 to 3 "you'll look like your hair is on fire or you're floating in a nebula and you'll like it" popular selling choices GGG will seemingly only ship an MTX in.

I would love to see them decouple effects from skins. Just announce that all new effects that come with a MTX will be available 3 months later by themselves for sale as only THE EFFECTS at the same price point.

I agree with the idea of having MTX slots that don't actually show the skin of the MTX but still give the effect. Put Floating/levitating armour here and put something more aesthetically matching to your characters vibe on for the skin.

While we're on this subject: why are there SO FEW large map device skin options? For some reason I love the large map device but its always the same plain old ugly brass. I've tried to hide the astrolabe parts using builder techniques but it just never quite works as well as I'd like.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
map timer is one mtx I'm super miffed about.....that is pretty darn straight up p2w unfairness right there.

EVERYONE should have a map timer, and the CLOCK should be the mtx.

Sure I could turn on a stopwatch outside of the game and do it myself but....come on. Something like that exists and its a PAY feature?! Anything that keeps track of a statistic of any kind should be a straight up NORMAL feature of the game
Last edited by mefistozxz on May 20, 2024, 7:03:35 PM
"
mefistozxz wrote:
map timer is one mtx I'm super miffed about.....that is pretty darn straight up p2w unfairness right there.

I don't see this as nearly the level if p2w as the map device that tells you how many if each monster rarity you killed in the map. It's insane that's behind a $500 usd paywall

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info