Xbox- controller stops working when headset is on, works when turned off

I was able to find out this was reported by one person on march 14 this year.I did not see it in known bug issues though. This must not be happening to everyone. There was no response to his bug report in the thread. He described the same issue as me. If i connect my headset my controller buttons do not work except for the home button. As soon as I turn off the headset the buttons work fine. No problems on other games I have. I could find nothing in xbox settings or in game settings that could fix it. I also tried power cycling my xbox . I tried connecting the headset before I open the game as well.
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2024, 8:14:57 AM
I have the EXACT Same problem. Poe takes my Xbox wireless headset as a new controller thus overriding my old controller and cancelling any input my controller has for the game. This is why only the Xbox home button works. When I turn off my headset the controller establishes connection. Please help me figure this out. It worked by signing my headset in as guest then signing out of guest once in game but even that doesn’t work now. What is going on. Hard to play multiplayer online game with no headset lol
I fixed it again but this time a different way. I logged into Poe with everything turned on. No controls. I signed my controller into guest then signed out of guest and it gave me full functionality with both headset and controller. Don’t know why this is a moving target but a new work around is there
I'm having the same problem, the game doesn't recognize my Gamesir G7SE controller if I try to play the game with my wired headset connected through the controller's P3 port
Hi everyone,

I’m facing an issue where my wireless Turtle Beach headset causes my controller to stop working when it’s connected. If I disconnect the headset, my controller works, but I lose sound quality, which is crucial for me, whether for game audio, music, or podcasts.

I don’t want to sacrifice my headset’s sound quality just to play the game. Has anyone found a solution to this problem, or is there any update on a fix? I haven’t seen any information about it and would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Ah yes. This is what we are looking for... Oh wait. Nothing happened. Anyways - throne and liberty is here soon
Perfect support - never seen a better one.
Don't fixing anything. No replies. They don't even taking notes.

Worse than blizzard and that should mean something

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info