Trade site not displaying influences on fractured items

WTR:
- search for a fractured item
- locate a fractured item you want
- PM the person for the item

Random result:
- some of the items that display on the trade site as just fractured will end up having fracture+influence in game clearly visible, e.g. this particular item I pm'ed the person for:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/R8ajWjrc7

Note the difference between trade site and in-game (fractured vs. fractured+warlord):

This is especially problematic if you intend to use eldritch crafting methods on the item later on, since those cannot be used on influenced items.

Expected result:
Trade site needs to clearly communicate that the item has both a fracture and an influence type, just like in game.

PS.
In Novynn we trust
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on May 7, 2024, 8:04:32 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2024, 2:24:51 PM
It has posted before...

make sure:

"

How to Report Bugs

"
Rachel wrote:
Also, confirm that there are no other threads reporting this issue, and post your bug in there if that is the case.

More reports are always good, but only if they are in one place, rather than spread over many different threads.

Also, creation of such item itself is bug exploit that the devs seems not want to fix it yet. Probably another league mechanic scarped that would not add to core.

While are there any point to build another trade site functionality around bug exploit items?

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
It has posted before...

Also, creation of such item itself is bug exploit that the devs seems not want to fix it yet. Probably another league mechanic scarped that would not add to core.

While are there any point to build another trade site functionality around bug exploit items?

That is not an exploit; it's an intended graveyard crafting mechanic using fracture chance and influence corpses. Instead of spamming copy-paste templates, please do some research as well.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on May 7, 2024, 8:08:45 AM
"
please do some research as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/413/tag/Trade%20Website

so you are the first one to post the "bug"?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
please do some research as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/413/tag/Trade%20Website

so you are the first one to post the "bug"?

Stop acting like you're the righteous defender of the bug report section.

I haven't searched for a similar post while you have incorrectly concluded that the items I mention here are created using bugs or exploits. The league mechanic intends for those items to exist.
"
Ydoum wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
It has posted before...

That is not an exploit; it's an intended graveyard crafting mechanic using fracture chance and influence corpses. Instead of spamming copy-paste templates, please do some research as well.

except it is a bug, GGG has been known to let bugs remain for a league(sometimes longer) just to be fair to the player base when the impact of the bug ultimately isn't that massive.

fractured influenced items are not supposed to exist, which is why you can't fracturing orb an influenced item. This league mechanic is almost guaranteed not going core so this problem is largely irrelevant
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
"
neohongkong wrote:
It has posted before...

except it is a bug, GGG has been known to let bugs remain for a league(sometimes longer) just to be fair to the player base when the impact of the bug ultimately isn't that massive.

fractured influenced items are not supposed to exist, which is why you can't fracturing orb an influenced item. This league mechanic is almost guaranteed not going core so this problem is largely irrelevant

If you're saying it's irrelevant then how come it affects me and my experience directly? I clearly demonstrated an example how it affects me and possibly many other, considering it's been reported earlier.

It is absolutely relevant to the current league and to those who do play or care about standard (I personally do not, but I know there are people who do).

I am done replying to this thread. I have presented my argument clearly with examples of how problematic this is and how it affects gameplay experience.
Last edited by Ydoum on May 7, 2024, 11:07:38 AM
"
Ydoum wrote:
Expected result:
Trade site needs to clearly communicate that the item has both a fracture and an influence type, just like in game.

Indeed it should.

Until there is an update either 'fixing' fractured influenced items, or improving the trade site's visibility...there is at least a workaround.

Add a "Has # influences" to your search. You can add it as part of a "Not" stat group, or just add the search condition and disable it. Even if it's disabled, having it exist in the search will add a "Has # influences" line to items that have influences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info