Would it be possible that the skills do not take away more than 100% of your health?

Would it be possible that the skills do not take away more than 100% of your health?

That a skill takes more than 100% of your life is ironic.
Irony may work in POE.
For the intern who has no idea about mechanics. This is reported as a bug since a skill that is capable of taking more than 100% off you (if you want to put in 100,000k damage, I don't care), should be controlled in some way.

The problem is that it doesn't happen in the hideout. Which is how it should work.

That's where the bug is.

I would like to know if you have followed the use case correctly... but since GGG has changed staff more than I have changed my girlfriend... I think this will continue for life.

I think the best excuse is:
- This works correctly and is how it should work.
So if someone in the future reads this, they'll say, "Oh, it's my fault."

GGG Employee: 😁😊$$$
GGG Fans: GGG is always right in his texts.😠
Last edited by drakgoku on May 7, 2024, 10:48:11 AM
Last bumped on May 6, 2024, 8:21:06 AM
From what I can find, GGG has been patching out ways to die in hideout for a while. I suppose it's meant to be a safe place for testing things, as well as to not kill you because you went to change a piece of equipment.

Examples:
In Sanctum, one patch note reads: "Fixed a bug where it was possible to die in your hideout by being linked to a Minion when the Minion expired".
In Kalandra, there was hotfix that dropped on the first day: "Fixed a bug where negative life regeneration could cause you to die in the Rogue Harbour". For this one in particular, I saw a comment pointing out that the fix prevents deaths from seemlessly looping for CI characters.
The point of the question is not whether you should use some keystone as a CI.

The bottom line is that there are mechanics (regardless of chaos) that cause you to be killed either by skills that use life or a percentage of it.
The problem is not observable when we talk about chaos. The problem originates when you have 1/1 life (IC) and 100,000,000 M ES and by some chance when executing a mechanic you die (a link or something else) or even a mob that (by some chance) makes you N damage going over your ES.

The problem that is raised in the publication is that there should be a way to control that, that is, something that takes all your life and ignores some ES/RESIST/LIFE/ARMOUR.... should be prohibited.
For example, Soulrend, support gems that take away % of your life or others. There should be a way to "not be able to cast when your life is less than that percentage/life".

But since the logic of GGG and (WOTC) MTG are "their way", there is not much that can be done.
Last edited by drakgoku on May 6, 2024, 8:24:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info