Berserker hard-freezes during gameplay, gets stuck in a animation

title. I swapped to Mageblood on my own build recently and picked up the most important flask for my build: Dabblers Horsefly. So right ahead i went into a map for playtest. What happend next seems very confusing to me, something that never happend before:
The character gets stuck in the open field of the map multiple times during gameplay, making him impossible to move or cast spells. Its even worse, my defense layer and main skill is based on my character moving which is obviously not the case anymore.
On my last portal i decided to record the full gameplay, a uncut video is at the end of this report.
In the video you will see how it looked like, ultimately even causing me to die since the map has desecrated ground and it being impossible to be immune to that degen.
I honestly have no idea what is causing the trouble, usually the gameplay was 100% fine before that - im not quite sure if i coincidentially rolled a map that bricks my build - or if Mageblood is causing a bug with my character setup.

https://youtu.be/xMopUCflhOU

Cheers
Vanqy
Last edited by Vanqy on Apr 26, 2024, 7:27:50 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 9:11:20 PM
What was the belt you were using before switching to Mageblood?

My theory is you are giving your spells a 30% life cost and if you were using Immortal Flesh or a belt with ES recharge on it, that may been offsetting the life cost. Whenever you are getting locked, I noticed your life being stuck below 100, but as soon as you have life again your spells works again.

If that is the case, look into a flask with the 3% crafted life regen boosted with Mageblood flask stuff. That may help offset it even with the 50% less regen.
my belt before was just a elder stygian vise with life str and inc life on it, so nothing gamechanging. also life cost shouldnt be an issue i suppose? the life recharge is doing 33% of my life per second or in other words 63hp per server tick. so dunno, it seems weird to me. the spells cost between 8 to 20 life per cast.
but even if i cant afford casting the spell, what exactly is causing my character to freeze? i cant move from a to b when the issue appears. and moving is free afaik?

im gonna look into the flask craft but usually i want to avoid having life at all, since taking dmg at full life would insta kill me
Last edited by Vanqy on Apr 26, 2024, 8:15:35 PM
I'll have to check again when I'm at home and can import into PoB, but I do not see 33% recharge in your video after Rathpith and rage life drain. And I found your old belt and the only noticeable things are more life (aka more recharge) and the 25 flat regen.

And do you remember the map mods? Not shown in the video, but less recovery could easily be skewing your testing in the video unless it's the same recovery in other maps.
so yeah the peak degen is 9%, so thats already a big chunk. the second big chunk is coming from rathpith that sacrifice life after spending life+mana for spells, so yeah it can bring me to close to - in fact - not having the life to cast spells.

but my main concern persists - what is this weird animation that makes the character hard stuck and unable to move? thats what i want the devs to focus on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info