Unaffected by Blind does not cause player to be unaffected by the light radius change while blinded

Hello, yes the title says it all.

Replicate by equipping The Dark Seer unique sceptre and getting blinded lol.

Love your work, thanks.
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 8:38:24 AM
TL;DR Functions as intended, the wording adjustment would be cool.

Long time ago Dark Seer had "Cannot be Blinded" mod, and it was changed in 3.11.
"
The Dark Seer: Now causes Blind to not affect your chance to hit, rather than preventing Blind (this affects all versions of this item).
Given that blind didn't lessen evasion back then, this basically changed one thing - the owner can now be affected by the light radius shrinking. I think they made it work this way to better fit the theme of Dark Seer (see the flavour text).

Now you can argue that Unaffected by Blind stat is poorly described, since the debuff still partly apply its effect on you. The tricky thing is Blinded debuff has only two stats:
20% less Accuracy Rating
20% less Evasion Rating

These are scalable with blind effect. That means, the light radius change isn't part of Blinded debuff, it's a some separate external stat that applies to you at the same moment.

I'll also tag
"
carbonplasma wrote:
While holding The Dark Seer, your light radius still gets reduced when you get blinded.
since they posted the same report https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508104
Aren't you just making assumptions here when saying that it's a mere wording issue? I mean, I agree that it is likely a wording issue (sadly), but saying that it's "working as intended" can't be seen as a definite statement.

I would like to hear a response from GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info