Few questions about Rain of Splinters

Hello fellow Exiles!
I am playing EA ballista juggernaut which I am enjoying a lot, but what I do not understand is mechanics behind Rain of Splinters jewel.

It says it fires 2 additional arrows but what I do not understand is, do my arrows "spread" from the totems or they hit the same target 2 additional times?

In case they do spread, should I remove the jewel while fighting some stronger bosses? Afterall it also reduces the damage, so what would be the point of firing 2 additional arrows that do not hit that mentioned boss?

Hope you get my point and can give me some answer!

cheers!
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2024, 3:50:25 PM
"
Markshir wrote:
do my arrows "spread" from the totems

This
"
Markshir wrote:
In case they do spread, should I remove the jewel while fighting some stronger bosses?

Yes, but remember that if boss is moving that extra proj gives better chance to hit. It depends.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
Spread

It should be such a small decrease that it would be a waste of time removing it.

The decrease is not a mulitplier, it just reduces your "increased damage". Let's say you have 300% increased in a mix of fire/totem damage, etc. Rain of splinters might have 40% reduced damage. That means you have 260% increase instead of 300.

It does not reduce your overall damage by 40%. (That would be "40% less damage")

You do want to make sure you dont have an even number of arrows, otherwise none will move straight toward the target. If you have 4 arrows, for example, two will go left, two right, none straight, which is obviously bad single target.

I see! Thanks for both answers! Really appreciate it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info