Maw of Mischief, suggestions please.

https://pobb.in/OThdgkvB2XdX
https://poe.ninja/pob/1Ak2

I am new player my first character. Following this guide
https://maxroll.gg/poe/build-guides/maw-of-mischief-elementalist-league-starter-guide

I am unable to defeat tier 13 bosses. What should I aim for next?
As the guide includes The anima and Primordial Might that would come next when I get +5 levels until then what should I do?

My DPS seems very low, I think 6 link armor doesn't help in this build. I tok essence and scarab in my first atlas I haven't skilled my seond atlas yet, waiting to see what I might need next.

Or else do I need to start a new character? If so suggest some please.

Thank you
Last edited by vjr322 on Apr 12, 2024, 3:41:42 AM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 1:32:08 PM
You dont need to reroll another character or anything like that, you can easily fix your build and keep going for just a few regret orbs.

For context:
Im using the exact same config to compare both builds (your current version and my suggestion)

- Enemy is ignited
- Convergence is active
- Enemy is a Pinnacle boss
- Death Wish is set to Minion explosion, 10 stages and assuming you are exploding 10 minions

This results in 1.6 million dps with your current setup.
Could be 2.6 million dps with a few tweaks.

My Pob: https://pobb.in/tUL9sAcbeA7l

Changelog:
- I replaced Flame Surge with a lvl1 Wave of Conviction to trigger your Mastermind of Discord Ascendancy. Once you do get fire exposure on your gloves switch back to Flame Surge, stick to WoC until then.
Make sure to activate fire exposure in your config tab to see the effect.
- I respecced both jewels near Defiled Forces and Cruel Preparation because one jewel socket was empty and the other one had a very bad jewel in it.
- This gained me 5 skillpoints and invested those into Breath of Flames to get more fire dot dmg multiplier going and the remaining one went into the Aura mastery to gain 8% dmg per aura.

Thats it.

For 5 respec orbs you will be able to gain about 1 million dmg. Now you could gain even more by replacing Unbound Ailments with Combustion. This would push the dmg to 3.1 million dps and is way better for now. Unbound Ailments is only a good support, if you were using the Replica Emberwake ring. Im fairly certain your guide recommend this ring and you should be using Unbound when you get it but stick to combustion until then.
If you did that, your dmg would be almost twice of what it is right now and you should be good to go.

Id also suggest to switch the spell suppress mastery in the instinct wheel from phasing to lucky suppress. This is currently way better defensively for your build and will cost you another regret orb but its worth it.

From here just keep grinding away, get some more lvlups and currency to buy the primordial jewels as recommened by the guide you are following.
Until then invest points into life or whatever else you can get, helping you to stay alive and keep leveling. Then respec those points and grab the jewel sockets when you get them.

Cheers
Last edited by Orbaal on Apr 12, 2024, 10:21:00 AM
Thanks for the detailed reply.

I will try respeccing as you suggested, I have about 40 orb of regrets so I can use a little. I was thinking to get Aura mastery from next level but I keep dying which makes leveling so hard. Is their anyway to level up faster?

Do you think this build is good enough T16 maps?
Yeah the build is absolutely t16 viable - just not in its current state :)

There are 3 major reason why you are having a hard time leveling.

1. You are pushing too hard.

There is no reason why you should be running T13s right now, if the goal is farming XP. Drop down to t10s and run them magic (blue). Spam them and check your xp/hr rate (hover the xp bar at the bottom) and type /reset_xp in ingame chat, whenever you are going for a higher maptier.

Figure out which maptier grants you the most xp right now and stick to farming those maps. Avoid tough map mods and just grind away.

2. Your life rolls on gear either dont exist or suck ;)

The percent liferolls on the tree are important but have nothing to work with, if dont also stack flat life rolls on your gear wherever you can (except chest cuz of your mastery).
3.6k life is a sad joke tbh and you should be sitting at 5k at the very least.
Try to get at least 60+ life on every piece of gear on average. The more the merrier obviously.

3. Your flasks arent great and not automated.

Grab a white divine life flasks or scour one if you dont have a white one. Use 5 glassblowers to get 20% quality. Then spam alt orbs.
What you want is a flask like this:

Instant recovery on lowlife (meaning less than 50% life) is massive and you want that to survive situations when you get chunked brutally.

If you can afford to automate your utility flasks put them into the crafting bench and craft "use when charge reach full" onto them.
That way you flasks will popp off automatically while mapping because killing stuff will refill the flasks until the are full and popp off again.
Wont work for bossing, in those situations you will have to do it manually.

Those are all fairly easy fixes and will go a long way.
Essentially you are trying to do content your build isnt geared for just yet. So drop a few tiers down, gear up and then try again.
Last edited by Orbaal on Apr 12, 2024, 1:10:31 PM
5k life that's way too much. How would I get that lol. I am missing life from gloves and boots that's like maybe 150-200.

I thought my flsks are fine, though i want the life flask you mentioned.
5k isnt that much. You can and will get there.

Since you are farming essences, use those to craft gear.
Greed essences will guarantee flat life on most geat pieces. Start by farming bases for gearpieces missing a good liferoll right now.

Then slam Greed essences and hope for some good res mods or whatever else you need.

There is also the league mechanic, allowing to use corpses to craft gear.

And finally you can trade for gear, buying it from other players. The "trade" button is right here at the top of the forum. Click it, filter for whatever rolls you want on specific gearpieces such as gloves or whatever and go buy them.

Id also recommend crafting gear yourself, but if you cant do it or want upgrades asap then trade is always there for you.
Basic gear with life and res should be very cheap by now and totally affordable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info