Are Essences bugged?

Heyho.

I have been farming Essences for a day or two now, and one thing i noticed bugs me a little (or might actually be a bug). Whenever i use a Remnant of Corruption, it turns all essences into one and the same 100% of the time, with the odds seeming extremely high to pick the lowest one (~80% in my runs so far). At first, i thought it was the scarab of stability, so i stopped using it. The phenomenon remains. Is this a bug or is there some new mechanic to get those special essences i completely missed? I currently run 3 Essence scarabs, one scarab of ascent and essence craft on random maps between t6 and 16, depending on what i feel like.
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 3:42:33 AM
"
it turns all essences into one

Check what atlas passive you have picked......
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Argh...overlooked that...
"
Crowley32 wrote:
Argh...overlooked that...

anyway, i wonder unique boss is 100% drop essence with Crystal Resonance
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
anyway, i wonder unique boss is 100% drop essence with Crystal Resonance

Yes it does. I haven't been paying that close attention, but I think when there are multiple bosses only one gets modified and drops. Not certain what happens if you haven't destroyed an essence yet, assuming not modified, but I'll do a test on bog map.

Tested: Works just as it is written on the keystone. If you encounter boss before doing an boss will not have a modifier or drop essence. Also had a map where extra boss had spawned randomly after defeating the actual map boss, it was not modified so I don't think there's any further interaction. There is possibly a strategy if you have multiple essences do only the best one before the boss, but I'm not sure it would justify the effort.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 11, 2024, 8:49:22 PM
There is a Strategy where you use that Scarab that turns all rare packs into essences and then use a map with either multiple bosses or the volcano map. With multiple bosses, including "has 2 unique bosses" map mod, the essence mods are split between the bosses. This does not work with the "Is accompanied by a map boss" Lantern mod or the scarab that turns random packs into map bosses. On volcano, the boss is a summoner totem that does not move, so having 20+ essence modifiers on him is less bad as long as you have range. Just as a Hint: If you play a minion build, there is a good chance you will loose your animated guardian.
I see. Yes I just noticed an essence from each essence prison is going onto the boss, so there is no reason to skip any before the boss, unless you want the boss to be easier.

It seems like there is not much reason to corrupt the essence if running this keystone? Making all essences of the same type occurs instead of the usual corruption mods, so its not going to upgrade them, am I right?
Sadly, yes. The only thing that seems to be beneficial is when there are several essences on the mob, some are deafening, some, fewer, are not...you might have a good chance to get higher ones. For me, that has not really worked out, but on the other hand, RNG and i have never been friends.
Yeah, gotcha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info