Has blight been nerfed?

Have the drop rates of oils been significantly changed since 3.24? I have a comparable atlas tree to 3.23 (with the blight wheel of chanc of +1 tier to oils) and either my luck is astronomically poor or something is preventing me from getting anything over teal in dozens of maps
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2024, 5:07:05 PM
I see nothing in the patch notes.
Is it just me and really really odd luck, or has anyone else noticed lower oils / fewer higher tier oils dropping?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I'm not spec'd to blight and dropped a black oil in limited runs, probably less than 100 oils. Haven't done enough encounters to give you anything more useful than that.
I've noticed something similar.

Been specced into blight in most leagues at the beginning, but this time around there are way less high oil drops. I assume it's due to the introduction of the new Scarabs, so baseline drops had to be toned down.

Most of my oils above Black came from using extractors.
"
Sadaukar wrote:
I've noticed something similar.

Been specced into blight in most leagues at the beginning, but this time around there are way less high oil drops. I assume it's due to the introduction of the new Scarabs, so baseline drops had to be toned down.

Most of my oils above Black came from using extractors.

Good to know that I'm not insane then. And odd that such changes were introduced without any form of documentation.
I have noticed no such thing. Had 2 silvers and 4 golds drop over the last two days with limited playing.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
I have noticed no such thing. Had 2 silvers and 4 golds drop over the last two days with limited playing.

That's really odd then
I was going to post a similar question, the drop rates for gold and silver oils has to have been nerfed iv dropped like 4 silver over atleast 20 blight-ravaged and 50 blighted (t14-16) and fully specced blights on similar amount of t15 with scarabs for better oil and chance to open again. Got 2 gold from extractors thats all sad times
"
D4rkS1phon wrote:
I was going to post a similar question, the drop rates for gold and silver oils has to have been nerfed iv dropped like 4 silver over atleast 20 blight-ravaged and 50 blighted (t14-16) and fully specced blights on similar amount of t15 with scarabs for better oil and chance to open again. Got 2 gold from extractors thats all sad times

I've now opened more then 250 oil chests with the Blightspawn notable specced, and have only received 8 oils higher than teal. That is night and day compared to 3.23. It seems like something has changed and it is odd that there is no mention of this in any documentation.
I'm pretty sure they nerfed the baseline dropchance of higher tier oils, because of the introduction of the new Scarabs. We are now supposed to always use a scarab for +1 tier of oils that drop.

It's silly, but sadly GGG did this to alot of mechanics. Essence for example feels really bad now if u don't use scarabs aswell.

So far I don't like what they did with those scarabs and I hope they'll rework it sooner rather than later. It makes Alc and go maps feel pretty bad right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info