Map sustain is terrible

I just logged in, stared at my stash for 5 minutes and logged out, I think I am done with the league. I just want to blast maps but that option doesn't seem to be around anymore. Now I need to run 15 forking rivers to drop 7 Crimson Temples and then I run those amps and I am bored again. I have all watchstones, a map wheel on the atlas tree and am only missing 2 favourite slots. Last League I had so many maps I had to start storing them in other stash tabs and I played more than any other league. Right now I am not having fun, it's like I have to spend 2/3rds of my time doing stuff I don't want to do for no reason. Let me buy infinite of the same unrolled map for 1C from Kirac after I have completed atlas. Or 5c or 10c whatever just give me infinite maps, I am so bored with this system.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2024, 12:28:01 PM
same tbh.
im fully invested in maps sustains , with favored maps everything is unlocked.
juicing my maps with corruption quality scarabs etc
at best i get 2 maps drops and they aren't in my favorite map pool!!!

what's the point of having a favorite map system if the drop rate is
1 extremely low
2 doesn't drop

at least trade league can just make currency and buy maps right away.

+1 for kirac to sell infinite amount of maps after you're done with the atlas.

lilly got the gems , kirac is due for a similar upgrade.
"
Nimpo1 wrote:
same tbh.

1 extremely low
2 doesn't drop

What does your atlas and farming strategy look like?
With all fav slots and a proper atlas you should over sustain maps without any problems and even be able to feed your map runners with them without running out at all.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Aug 30, 2024, 11:52:36 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Nimpo1 wrote:
same tbh.

1 extremely low
2 doesn't drop

What does your atlas and farming strategy look like?
With all fav slots and a proper atlas you should over sustain maps without any problems and even be able to feed your map runners with them without running out at all.

You already know its the typical "map drop bad, loot bad", and then you look at their atlas and they dont have a single node into maps. Every strat can incorporate the necessary map drop rate to oversustain maps.
Last edited by Satan on Feb 10, 1692, 10:00:00 PM
Maps are the very basis of the post campaign game. Why on earth should a player need to spec into Atlas nodes just to play the basic game?

The base game feels very stripped back this league compared to recent ones, and it's not feeling great.

What's the downside to a higher map drop rate? Well, nothing at all. If players have too many maps they just stop picking them up (like ID scrolls).

If there's too few maps... well that's a major problem for people playing the game. Remember GG - people that don't play the game, don't spend money in your MTX shop.

Sometimes, GG really do get it wrong.
"
Maps are the very basis of the post campaign game. Why on earth should a player need to spec into Atlas nodes just to play the basic game?

The base game feels very stripped back this league compared to recent ones, and it's not feeling great.

What's the downside to a higher map drop rate? Well, nothing at all. If players have too many maps they just stop picking them up (like ID scrolls).

If there's too few maps... well that's a major problem for people playing the game. Remember GG - people that don't play the game, don't spend money in your MTX shop.

Sometimes, GG really do get it wrong.

I literally don't pick up maps anymore if they aren't the specific ones I want to run, because they're so common it's not even worth selling them.

So I genuinely don't know what you guys are doing wrong if you can't sustain. I can't even give you advice, it's like you're telling me that you can't find anything to eat while standing in a supermarket.
What's next? Loot is bad???? Oh dear...

??????????????????????????
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
People that have no clue what they are doing will always complain about something, it is never their fault and lack of knowledge so it must be the game that is badly balanced.
Last edited by Satan on Feb 10, 1692, 10:00:00 PM
What are you even talking about?? Did you try using scarabs? Map sustain strategies? I have so many T16 maps that I am able to fill all 3 map devices in Kingsmarch with Defiled Cathedrals, run Strands for rituals and ocasionally do gold farming runs to sustain Kingsmarch on other T16 maps all 8 mods and 40+ pack size, and still have 1200+ maps in my stash that I don't even know what to do with.

Trust me - if you don't have enough maps, it means that you're doing something very wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info