Atlast point allocation issue when allocating Unwavering Vision on new Tree

Context: Allocating atlas passives of a new Atlas Tree all at once including Unwavering vision.
Issue: Failure of allocating a portion of atlas passives. Likely due to an out-of-order error, or an UI error depending on point of view.

Due to the order in which passives are allocated (bottom up) the tree never unlocked Unwavering Vision, there weren't enough points available to allocate Unwavering Vision this led the passives allocation to abort.

The cause of the bug seems to be that the point allocation doesn't follow the order the player selected the passive nodes in.

Replication:
- Start from an unallocated Atlas Tree with enough points to reach Unwavering Vision.
- Select all nodes without allocating them.
- Select a straight path to Unwavering vision: this adds 20 extra points to the UI, this likely enables the issue to happen.
- Continue allocating more points *below* Unwavering vision (on a non dependent path, so the allocation process doesn't path by Unwavering Vision) until 0 points are left (or less than those granted by UV).
- Apply points

Case specific information:
- This happened about 45 minutes ago on my Zeikos_Chilling character
- This happened while allocating the second Atlas "loadout" shortly after unlocking it.
- I selected all the nodes you see on the screenshot below plus the scarab nodes near shadow shaping up to the +1 quant small node and from there I took the shortest path to Unwavering Vision.

This also creats a visual issue:

The visual bug resolves on client restart.

I sadly do not have the /bug code on the screen since pressing F8 did not save a screenshot on my game folder.
Luckily I did take a "normal" screenshot before.

I am not even at work and I am still writing bug reports. Oh well, at least it's enjoyable doing it for this game.

edit1: fixed the image url
edit2: added point 2 to case specific information
edit3: clarified the title
edit4: cleared up wording, corrected typos.
Last edited by Zeikos on Apr 6, 2024, 10:58:29 AM
Last bumped on Apr 10, 2024, 1:26:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info