Essences Not Dropping On Some Monsters

Today I've had 3 essence monsters not drop essences (I held alt to check against the filter), the first 2 were upgraded with a remnant of corruption. One became an Essence of Delirium then dropped no essences. The second added an essence then dropped no essences (I believe it ended with 6?). After this I stopped using remnants on my monsters.

On the third one I believe it was 4-6 essences, I didn't hit it with a remnant and it still dropped no essences.

On all three instances I held alt because I was in disbelief. I apologize if this is a known issue I checked that post first, but didn't see it in general.
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2024, 3:56:34 PM
Just used another remnant and on a 3 essence monster no essences dropped.
No loot dropped period*
I am getting this as well, on both corrupted and non-corrupted essences. I can't say I can see a pattern, but it seems (for me at least) that if it happens once in a map it will happen for all essence in that map. Can confirm that no other items dropped from the monster which you can hopefully see from below video.

https://streamable.com/90rxvp
(Ignore background youtube noise :P)
Another example of this, bug report reference: 3373177749

Screaming Essence of Greed on a human-looking guard of some kind, unmodified.
Last edited by Oddalicious on Apr 5, 2024, 4:28:14 AM
Same bug encountered, Cursed Crypt map, Essence mob spawned by map device.

One mob was a guard type and another was some humanoid I do not recall.
Last edited by TheFluffyTato on Apr 5, 2024, 5:15:56 AM
Happened to me multiple times in the last couple of days.
Also started happening to me today, in one map maybe half of all of the essence didnt drop anything.
I'm seeing this issue as well, might have something to do with the monster being frozen?
I have had this happen non stop. It seems to happen when you use allflames on your map. The allflame units if they are the essence monsters they won't drop essences when they die. Not sure if this is intended but if it is that sucks it makes me not want to use allflames while essence farming.

Also not only do they not drop essences they drop no loot at all. So on one of my maps my monster was tier up, pack size up, and increased pack size. So i used the scarab allflame on them. 5 or my 7 essences in the map where this unit so they not only didn't drop my essence but they also didn't drop the scarabs...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info