direct links of trade site often become outdated within 1 or a few seconds

Hi,

when i search for items often direct links becomes outdated within few seconds.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Necropolis/....
Last league they lasted for i guess 3 min atleast.
It is really inconvinient when you scroll for 1 second and then all the direct links become outdated. And when you hover over it says "item must be refreshed". Refreshing trade site doesnt help. It repeats the same way even after refreshing trade site.

Please fix it.

And: What is the reason for that problem?
Last edited by CreativeExplorer on Apr 1, 2024, 9:49:45 AM
Last bumped on May 9, 2024, 10:08:55 AM
Is your system time correct?
Web DeveloperView our Developer Docs
Solution idea:
Refresh system time.

My system time was not correct: circa +30 min.

Result:
Refreshing the system time only reduces the problem.
Now it takes a few min instead a few seconds until a trade link becomes outdated.

Satisfied?!
Not yet. But this is a very good start.

Problem:
- Trade links become outdated too fast.

Problem explanation:
If you dont want to trade spam people it becomes really difficult. Because when you waited for an answer but didnt get one and want to write to the next person in line but the trade link got outdated despite the item still being there. You get forced to refresh site and then it becomes difficult to keep track of who you wrote to and who not.

Request:
- Trade links of items that are still there should not be able to get outdated.
- Just slowly improve the feature to disable trade links when items are bought.

Request explanation:
- a) It seems to me that the feature to automatically set trade links to the state outdated is redundant. Because afaik when a item gets baught there is an automatically update that the item is no longer avaiable. So please disble the outdated state.
- b) In the case that the outdated state is necassary because ... server keeps track and to reduce server laod. Then i suggest the following. Refresh outdated items when two conditions are met. 1. The item link is in outdated state which mean the timer is up. 2. The browser tab is active at the moment or when the browser tab gets active again.
- c) Sometimes items even if the trade search is fresh 1sec or 1 min the item is not available. For that case there is already an error handling that shows an error message and says that the item is not available anymore. This is another reason why i think you should remove the feature that makes trade links outdated. Just slowly improve the feature to remove trade links when items get baught.

Please solve it.

Additionally a warning might be useful.
E.g.: On top of trade site interface. Red text: Your system time is x Seconds / y Minutes different. This can lead to quickly outdated trade links. Please refresh/correct your system time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info