My account was hacked

I already sent an email to support but I haven't heard back yet.

My Steam account was recently hacked (I recovered it yesterday) and a friend of mine who was playing the new POE league told me that my character was logged in but with a nickname that I would never have used, (VULGAR_SCARAB).

I was able to access the Steam account (the one I have now) because the hacker had not removed the secondary login. However, I did a really stupid thing, I clicked on "Remove" myself to see if he would need any confirmation to do this and to my surprise he simply removed it and now I can no longer access the account, but I still haven't logged out of the account. This was my first access and that's why I'm able to send this notification here on the forum via the hacked account, I hope you can see this before the hacker even deletes the topic.
I only ask that you pay attention to the case because I sent some proof of purchases (all made through Steam) to the email provided, I also sent the account name.

I await your return!!!

Att. Lucas Campos
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2024, 6:41:28 AM
Hi there LukAd1n, are you able to get into contact with us at support@grindinggear.com so that we may be able to help you with this issue more in depth? Cheers!
Just an FYI OP, the support process for recovering an account is prolonged.

First off the account will be locked so no one can log in (this may not help you though depends on how long it was before you noticed the hack, the quicker the better)

After that you will be answering security questions that will be asked over several emails.

Assuming you answer correctly you'll gain access to the account and would most likely need to change passwords (don't use the PC you play through)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info