BSODs caused by Path if Exile (sound) since beta are back again!

Hello there,

I have read a lot threads on this forum concerning blus screens with different error codes in general and also found threads that existed since beta of the game concerning sound related bluescreens when using Creative Soundcards (or Chips integrated in the MB) specificly... They are back since 3 patches ago and in the current state of the game it lead to instant bluescreens after entering the game.

My setup is as follows:

ASUS Maximus Formula VII (with integrated Supreme FX-XFI soundchip)
i7 4790k
16 GB DDR-3 1600 mhz
NVIDIA 2060 SUPER
an a**load of SSDs to work with

After adding "-nosound --nosound" (just to be sure) to the desktop-shortcut the game is running without any problem whatsoever - if you one doesn't care about sound that is.

I have invested hundreds of dollars (euros in my case) into this game and am more than frustrated that an error existing since the BETA of this game has returned and is not addressed.

I am begging GGG to re-recognise the problem (back in the days they actually reacted to such threads on the forum) and act accordingly!!!

Sincecerly yours!
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2024, 5:49:11 PM
Have you already tried '--softwareaudio"/"swa"? Disables the dedicated sound card and I believe will still let you have game sound if you have another sound source?

If you're launching the game via Steam, I believe you need to add the command in the library and not in the shortcut.

If you're still having issues after that, I'd consider trying either standalone or Steam.. the one you're not using currently, with the command, and see if that changes anything.

Side note, this is a technical support issue, not a bug report.
Have not tried software audio once, was getting tired of the constant BSODs - and it took me some time to eventually figure it out in the first place.

I am also not using steam.

It is not a feature, and since it is game related I posted it here. Plus: I do not believe any mod/techi will ever read this so "there goes nothing" was my thought posting here you see. Even more so because it is crashing the entire system and might helpt people who are not willing to search years and years of forum tech-mumbo-jumbo...

Thank you for your reply, kind Sir (and or Madame)!
Addendum: After trying "-softwareaudio --softwareaudio" the game will BSOD the system even after reverting back to "-nosound --nosound". Great success.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info