Trade Offer Notifications Broken?

In the past few days I’ve been trying to trade without any luck. Numerous attempts to acquire an ammy with the requested currency have been ignored. I always set search to return items only for those players who are online. I’m wondering if people aren’t receiving notifications that a trade has been offered. I’ve received no requests for trade either these past couple of days, which isn’t entirely abnormal, but it’s got me suspicious that trade notifications are not working. Given the recent console issues since the latest patch, I wondered whether trade notifications were affected. Perhaps the team might check into this.
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2024, 3:14:32 PM
Hi there, you must be new? So, the issue you mention is not a bug. It is because the league is no longer very active and other players are either 1. AFK, 2. Unwilling to respond, or 3. Price Fixing.

1. People sit for long periods of time on their characters while not online, therefore their items and their activity show up; however, they are only "collecting offers" and not actually trading at that moment.

2. A lot of people simply ignore small offers. Especially with this league being MF-oriented in the late game for the majority of players, there are times where you will wait a long time before a player may respond, or else they never do. I.e. if someone is farming t16 juiced maps hoping to drop a mirror, they aren't going to waste a portal to go check small offers (generally anything under ##divines)

3. One of the worst things about console, is market manipulation. There are numerous players who set items/stacks of items at certain values to either raise/lower the prices to better suit them. It is sadly all too-easy on Xbox, where the playerbase is quite small and the "elite" can easily "take-over" a set item (i.e. Various Currencies / Breach Items / Einhaar Beasts / Uniques / etc etc -- list literally goes on to every item except crafted rares).
This means they will list prices and never be willing to sell the item, because they are profiting just off the item sitting idle with a price, whilst other players base their prices off of his/hers. It is probably the single most detrimental thing to the entire economy and game.

Hope this was a thorough enough response. Good luck out there. It ain't always easy being new, but there are plenty of helpful and good people out there too who would trade with you--just better prepare for League Start. Economy is all refreshed and a lot of items will get new prices :)
~Xbox GT: ScubaSk33t~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info