An old unresolved PS5 issue with global performance ramifications

I play on console, specifically PS5.
I have done as a profession computer hardware repair for over 20 years and was forced to stop due to debilitating nerve disease. Every keystroke is excruciating, and for me when forced to fire up a computer to resolve an issue I find it to be agonizing punishment

I bring this up because I find the need to do so now, but more so I am both appalled and mind blown that those who are in development of this game do not seem to be supporting Sony graphic and controller compatibility issues.

There has been a 3yr issue into what is often described as "over scan" on displays in the PS5 environment.
Those who have little hardware knowledge do not understand the full ramifications of the issue, as PS5 uses a Linux based operating system and a graphical/sound on die chip for shared reserved memory of both functions. Further SSD memory and on die CPU/GPU memory is handled interchangeably.
As this issue has gone completely unaddressed, the resulting performance cascading issues are occurring.:

-(oversized) graphic mis-representation of rucksacks while using a controller causing overlap and potential mis-navigation by the player in menus.

-Audio memory translation issues causing memory over-run and both connected GPU and CPU performance issues as well as sometimes eventual failure of the network controller in extreme instances.

-inaccurate hit boxes resulting in missed targets, random casting such as using teleports (sometimes into walled environments which insta-kill a player and can happen in ascendancy trials. It has happened to multiple times)

-Bloom controls in the option menu seem to have no effect whatsoever. The effects are literally blinding when compared to enemy contrast ratios, it's unlikely that players would pay for cosmetics that hurt their gameplay.

-Laggy controller interface resulting in poor communication, network and Sony license sync information (dc from this yesterday with a suggestion to "check" my recently renewed and fully valid account. Ya' know like it was "my fault.")

My impression is that the vast majority of your development team knows little to nothing about AMD coding, when it is reportedly the simplest and easiest to code for.
I blame the NVIDIA cool kids club for this, as NVIDIA has LONG had and continues to have a major memory leak that has been present since 2k. The workaround was a "brute force" technique, resulting code that when used with AMD causes a scaling overstock which in turn begins function by function failure as all data throughput is essentially integrated on that platform.
I have seen this is many other PC ports and while I understand a port comes with some limitations, as the Sony os is based on Linux, Linux compatibility should not be an issue.

Now, with that said I am not a programmer, but I don't understand P.C supports 4k, X-box has
4k support, but not Sony? If this will be resolved with POE2, awesome, but if this game breaking and I daresay potentially console breaking issue is not resolved prior, I've got concerns .

My environment:
Playstation 5 launch edition, final run before cooling down grade in current models.
Memory 6.5up 7down 1 gig converted to primary use storage double sided double heatsinks.
1GB fiber internet connection hard cabled with 24g cat6 solid copper. (approximate length run 50ft with no magnetic interference.
Port environment: yes all relevant ports are accounted for although I will not under any circumstance give my full net config here for security reasons.

My intention in writing this is not to belittle, accost, or insult in any way. I truly enjoy this game but with higher tier content, more effects making visibility horrid, lag-cheese deaths by off screen enemy insta-kills, as well as a host of immunities not registering properly I'm finding it unplayable. I want to see you succeed and want to enjoy this, and I truly believe that it all stems from this one problem.

Please contact me if there is any way I can help.
-Xzelian (the original...since before the internet existed)
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2024, 8:25:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info