Trade steal

Bug reference 410.164.651

People are offering essences for stacks of devines and when you are accepting your trades theyvount on human error to steal your currency.

Lost 3 divines. Could we remove essences as trade items as I am a casual player wo doesn’t have the time to juice out for currency and now all my savings are gone.
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2024, 5:56:33 PM
Essences are probably the most distinct-looking thing you could put in a trade window.

If you're getting fooled by essences, you can also be fooled by all sorts of other currency.

Also... why are your Divines listed on the trade? Were you trying to exchange them for Chaos?
I was selling a stack of 60 stacked deck. As you can’t place more than 10 in other tabs, I temporarily put my currency tab for sale as I normally don’t activate it in trade.

I had to use the currency tab for this trade since no other tabs would have worked.

I had four offers pending for small transactions, including the one for my stacked deck and as I was accepting them, the offer came in, 3 divines for my essences. As I was accepting everything I didn’t notice that the actual trade was the other way around. And therefor lost 3 divines due to ill willed players who I now know scam for just that situation.

It’s unfortunate that in a game with such a great community this kind of behaviour happens. It’s also unfortunate that we cant place bigger stack of items such as stacked deck in other tabs, that they have to be in the currency tab.

I saw online that I am not the only one who this has happened to and it is sad to see that some accounts, instead of playing the game as it should be played, take advantage of other players in the sort.
Fully agree that scammers are awful.

I also wish GGG would take some steps to diminish this problem. Unfortunately there's a *very* long tradition of GGG not banning/actioning scammers. At least, not this type of scam. It used to be officially part of their trade philosophy, although I think they removed it at some point. The original idea was "all the exiles are criminals, so this type of behavior totally makes sense" or something along those lines. This was *way* back, before the game was all that big, and long before it was on console.

They have slowly moved away from that philosophy, but we're still a long way from an official "scamming is wrong and you can be banned for it" policy, which would be nice. If they refuse to do that, they should at least give us some more tools to fight against it (and/or remove some of the tools that help enable scamming).

Regarding the issue you had... do you own an Essence tab? The Essence tab has 4 "bonus" squares in the bottom right corner that overstack, just like the Currency tab. It's a better place to put things like Stacked Decks for sale.
Thx for this, good to know I’ll use the essence tab from now on… In the meantime i moved my remaining divine to a regular tab that’s not for sale… Crazy how people just can allow us to have a safe space to have fun…
The only special tab I own two of, currency, one for my currency, one that is public for selling stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info