Build Advice

I've been running a few builds now and I always run into an issue either with DPS or survivability.

I'm just looking for some advice on how the heck I'm supposed to gaining all this momentum at the higher levels. Every time I go into a Wildwood now I just get decimated by those purple-blasting casting mobs.

Maybe I'm running the wrong maps and wrong modifiers? Not running anything with stealing, adding charges, certain curses etc.

Here's my POB: https://pobb.in/_zfRtTcQOFiR

Kind of difficult calculating DPS from POB to in-game as well. I easily do over 1 million DPS (300,000 ramp up with all charges at 0.25 or less attack speed so 300,000 x 4 - if that's correct?). POB with all buffs up is saying something like 200,000 per hit which is not correlating to in-game DPS.
Last edited by DRBrown994 on Jan 20, 2024, 6:48:11 AM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2024, 7:22:00 PM
Hey there, I check the forums very infrequently these days (as I quit playing after last league) so I'll give you some advice but you'll likely need others here to add to it after.

1) Your body armour is pretty trash as is. You have nice suffixes, so I would make use of Eldritch currency to redo the prefixes. You want either high life or no life (so you can do the 15% mastery) along with high armour.

2) You are spending WAY too many points (5) to get 10% chance to fortify on melee stun. I would instead change your Eater of Worlds implicit on body armour (after you fix the prefixes) to be chance to fortify on hit. With how low your dps is, you aren't reliably stunning all the time, especially not bosses, AND five points is a lot to spend. It seems you will need some strength though.

3) That glove is pretty bad. I would go for a rare with T1 accuracy and T1 chaos res along with a ton of life for prefix.

4) Your belt is on a bad base. In most leagues, Leather or Stygian with great mods is expensive, so I generally prefer Heavy Belt base (this will patch up the strength you need from removing the 5 points).

5) Change your amulet annoint. You already have Titanic Impacts on the tree, so annointing it doesn't stack.

6) Defiance Banner is doing VERY little for you. You have an accuracy problem, so I would do War Banner (you benefit from both accuracy and phys damage buffs it gives). You currently are short some reservation to use all your auras and the banner, so I would annoint Charisma or Sovereignty to fix that. Alternatively, you can get an Enlighten 3 (if you can afford it) and use the annoint on something else.

7) Hook up your assassin mark to lifetap.

8) Hook up precision to Arrogance.

9) This will allow you to change the Impact ascendancy (which is mostly for the accuracy) and swap it to Overwhelm, which is a lot more damage.

10) Iron Reflexes is a pretty bad pick because you spend a point and get barely anything for it (due to how low your evasion is). Removing it gives you a total of 6 free points now.

11) Spend those points on life. You want roughly twice as much life as you have right now. I would use those 6 points and take Constitution. As you level more, finish out the small life nodes in that wheel.

12) You have 2 life flasks and a bunch of unoptimized utility flasks. Roll some better flasks. The reason you feel you need 2 right now is when you get in trouble, you likely need to jam those flasks a few times each because of how little they give you (due to how they are rolled).

For ALL flasks, use 4 glassblowers baubles while the flask is white to 20% quality it first before rolling anything.

There are differing opinions on life flasks but I personally prefer Catalyzed (T1; needs item level 81) or Condensed (T2; needs item level 61) Eternal Life flask. Either mod is fine as long as the T2 roll isn't on the lower half (you are looking for 1.2 seconds, which T1 doesn't improve on). If you have one of those, 1 chug from almost dead will almost instantly bring you back to full (given you also have leech). Getting an anti-bleed suffix as you have is good.

For your other flasks, you want Flagellant (Masochist T2 can be fine). Suffixes you want one each for crit chance, armour, evasion, attack speed (suffixes don't stack). Doesn't matter which suffix is on which flask. Use the bench to put "Use when full" on all of them, which allows you to not need to touch or think about them as they will automatically go.

I would recommend a granite, jade, diamond, and quicksilver. Alternative to the quicksilver would be a silver if you are okay with moving a bit slower in return for more damage.
Last edited by TemjinGold on Jan 20, 2024, 10:37:33 AM
"
TemjinGold wrote:
Hey there, I check the forums very infrequently these days (as I quit playing after last league) so I'll give you some advice but you'll likely need others here to add to it after.

1) Your body armour is pretty trash as is. You have nice suffixes, so I would make use of Eldritch currency to redo the prefixes. You want either high life or no life (so you can do the 15% mastery) along with high armour.

2) You are spending WAY too many points (5) to get 10% chance to fortify on melee stun. I would instead change your Eater of Worlds implicit on body armour (after you fix the prefixes) to be chance to fortify on hit. With how low your dps is, you aren't reliably stunning all the time, especially not bosses, AND five points is a lot to spend. It seems you will need some strength though.

3) That glove is pretty bad. I would go for a rare with T1 accuracy and T1 chaos res along with a ton of life for prefix.

4) Your belt is on a bad base. In most leagues, Leather or Stygian with great mods is expensive, so I generally prefer Heavy Belt base (this will patch up the strength you need from removing the 5 points).

5) Change your amulet annoint. You already have Titanic Impacts on the tree, so annointing it doesn't stack.

6) Defiance Banner is doing VERY little for you. You have an accuracy problem, so I would do War Banner (you benefit from both accuracy and phys damage buffs it gives). You currently are short some reservation to use all your auras and the banner, so I would annoint Charisma or Sovereignty to fix that. Alternatively, you can get an Enlighten 3 (if you can afford it) and use the annoint on something else.

7) Hook up your assassin mark to lifetap.

8) Hook up precision to Arrogance.

9) This will allow you to change the Impact ascendancy (which is mostly for the accuracy) and swap it to Overwhelm, which is a lot more damage.

10) Iron Reflexes is a pretty bad pick because you spend a point and get barely anything for it (due to how low your evasion is). Removing it gives you a total of 6 free points now.

11) Spend those points on life. You want roughly twice as much life as you have right now. I would use those 6 points and take Constitution. As you level more, finish out the small life nodes in that wheel.

12) You have 2 life flasks and a bunch of unoptimized utility flasks. Roll some better flasks. The reason you feel you need 2 right now is when you get in trouble, you likely need to jam those flasks a few times each because of how little they give you (due to how they are rolled).

For ALL flasks, use 4 glassblowers baubles while the flask is white to 20% quality it first before rolling anything.

There are differing opinions on life flasks but I personally prefer Catalyzed (T1; needs item level 81) or Condensed (T2; needs item level 61) Eternal Life flask. Either mod is fine as long as the T2 roll isn't on the lower half (you are looking for 1.2 seconds, which T1 doesn't improve on). If you have one of those, 1 chug from almost dead will almost instantly bring you back to full (given you also have leech). Getting an anti-bleed suffix as you have is good.

For your other flasks, you want Flagellant (Masochist T2 can be fine). Suffixes you want one each for crit chance, armour, evasion, attack speed (suffixes don't stack). Doesn't matter which suffix is on which flask. Use the bench to put "Use when full" on all of them, which allows you to not need to touch or think about them as they will automatically go.

I would recommend a granite, jade, diamond, and quicksilver. Alternative to the quicksilver would be a silver if you are okay with moving a bit slower in return for more damage.

Hey thank you so much for the thorough reply - I'm really enjoying the game and it can be difficult to try to piece everything together.

I have a few questions:

- How would I go about changing the prefixes - with eldritch currency? I thought you can only change them with chaos orbs.

- Where have I got Titanic Impacts on the tree?

- Constitution is in the middle of the tree right?

- Is there a list of flask modifiers I can take a look at with regards to Catalysed and Condensed?

- With flasks being used on charges full, wouldn't that make it so I have less control on when to use them?

Will definitely change a lot of what you advised on.
Last edited by DRBrown994 on Jan 20, 2024, 12:37:33 PM
1) Use a single greater Eldritch Ember (the red one from Exarch influence) on the body armour to make the Exarch mod higher tier than the Eater mod you have. This makes it "Exarch dominant." Now when you use Eldritch Chaos Orbs, Eldritch Exalted Orbs, and Eldritch Annul Orbs, they will only affect Prefixes (because Exarch is dominant). Be aware those orbs are usually fairly expensive. I would not suggest this normally but your chest has strong suffixes. You can fix your implicits after the prefixes are done.

2) The green node to the right of your Lethal Pride timeless jewel (past the Frenzy charge one).

3) Yes. Where you went to take Magebane, just keep going left. That node is also right next to Profane Chemistry, which is 15% total life for that wheel. You'll want that too.

4) https://poedb.tw/us/Life_Flasks#ModifiersCalc

5) You won't need control over your flasks because as long as you are constantly fighting, your utility flasks will now be up 100% of the time.

One more thing: I forgot you had Magebane. I would either not take it (and instead take the 2 points for Reflexes, which is right at the same juncture that Magebane and Profane Chemistry are) for 14% suppress (compared to the 15 you have from Magebane) AND a pile of evasion (great for the Jade Flask), OR change the Jade flask to something else. Personally, if you can get some suppress on the gloves (along with the other mods I recommended), you don't need Magebane. The extra chunk of evasion is a huge help for survival.
Last edited by TemjinGold on Jan 21, 2024, 1:24:03 PM
"
1) Use a single greater Eldritch Ember (the red one from Exarch influence) on the body armour to make the Exarch mod higher tier than the Eater mod you have. This makes it "Exarch dominant." Now when you use Eldritch Chaos Orbs, Eldritch Exalted Orbs, and Eldritch Annul Orbs, they will only affect Prefixes (because Exarch is dominant). Be aware those orbs are usually fairly expensive. I would not suggest this normally but your chest has strong suffixes. You can fix your implicits after the prefixes are done.

Good to know! Thx.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
TemjinGold wrote:

2) The green node to the right of your Lethal Pride timeless jewel (past the Frenzy charge one).

3) Yes. Where you went to take Magebane, just keep going left. That node is also right next to Profane Chemistry, which is 15% total life for that wheel. You'll want that too.

4) https://poedb.tw/us/Life_Flasks#ModifiersCalc

5) You won't need control over your flasks because as long as you are constantly fighting, your utility flasks will now be up 100% of the time.

One more thing: I forgot you had Magebane. I would either not take it (and instead take the 2 points for Reflexes, which is right at the same juncture that Magebane and Profane Chemistry are) for 14% suppress (compared to the 15 you have from Magebane) AND a pile of evasion (great for the Jade Flask), OR change the Jade flask to something else. Personally, if you can get some suppress on the gloves (along with the other mods I recommended), you don't need Magebane. The extra chunk of evasion is a huge help for survival.

This is great thank you.
Sure thing, best of luck!

One final final update for you haha. You don't actually have that much evasion and your dex isn't that high, so it's fine to keep Magebane (you can still take Reflexes to cap out Spell Suppress if you can't get it on gloves).

What I meant to say when I was thinking of the Magebane is actually that you should take Vaal Pact (you are right next to it where you are getting life/mana leech). You have almost no life regen anyway, so the downside isn't really a loss. But Slayer with Vaal Pact is pretty strong (it doubles how much you can leech.)
"
TemjinGold wrote:
Sure thing, best of luck!

One final final update for you haha. You don't actually have that much evasion and your dex isn't that high, so it's fine to keep Magebane (you can still take Reflexes to cap out Spell Suppress if you can't get it on gloves).

What I meant to say when I was thinking of the Magebane is actually that you should take Vaal Pact (you are right next to it where you are getting life/mana leech). You have almost no life regen anyway, so the downside isn't really a loss. But Slayer with Vaal Pact is pretty strong (it doubles how much you can leech.)

If I can get something on gloves it'll save me some points via reflexes and just stay with Magebane maybe.

Will take Vaal Pact - it is recommended to take it in the build but felt really weird not having life regen.

Automating those flasks have made a real big difference in my playing.
Did you get that build from somewhere or did you figure it out on your own? I haven't analyzed it completely but first thing that comes to mind is you are using a weapon with mainly elemental damage, yet you have no mods for elemental damage on your tree. All you are building is crit but you need some base damage to go with it.

It doesn't do any good to get your crit mods really high if your base damage is really low. Or think of it this way, zero multiplied by a low number is zero, and zero mulitiplied by a high number is still zero. The math doesn't work, that's why Path of Building is only giving you about 300k damage.

I don't see an expedient way to make that sword work with the Duelist because there are no elemental damage mods in that part of the skill tree. Maybe if you tried it with the Templar you could get your damage up over 1 Million for late game content.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
"
DRBrown994 wrote:
I'm just looking for some advice on how the heck I'm supposed to gaining all this momentum at the higher levels. Every time I go into a Wildwood now I just get decimated by those purple-blasting casting mobs.

The Wildwood does heavy chaos, I started carrying an Amethyst flask in there and I noticed a big difference. But your 2662 life isn't going to cut it, you have very little life in your gear which needs to change.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info