Controller Gem Socket "Pick Up" Bug

Please excuse the generic title. I couldn't think of a short way to describe this.

When doing the following steps:
- Using an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on PC (probably other controllers too)
- Press B on an equipped piece of gear to select a socket
- Press X to unsocket a gem
- Press B to cancel out of that item's gem interface
- Navigate with the d-pad to the gem that was unsocketed that is now in the inventory
- Press Y to "Pick Up"

What I expect to happen:
I expect the gem to be picked up using the standard controller UI like any other item to be moved to any other place in the inventory grid.

What actually happens:
It acts the same as if I pressed A to "Socket" the gem, and it jumps up into one of the gem sockets of my equipped gear.

User workaround:
I get around this by pressing B again to cancel it out. Then, I have to navigate back down to the inventory with the d-pad again and press Y to pick it up, which works as expected on the second try.
Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 4:15:53 PM
+1
It's been over 3 months since I posted this.

Are you not able to reproduce the issue? Because that's the only reasonable explanation as to why this bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Seems like a pretty simple, low-hanging-fruit bug to fix that would improve the quality of life for the entire console playerbase and all PC players who play with controller.

I keep seeing bug fixes for issues I've never even experienced myself, but this bug, I experience several times every play session I do.

The more likely explanation as to why this bug still exists is that the game devs only fix bugs that bother them personally, and since no game devs probably play with controller, no controller bugs ever seem to get fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info