TRADE-site logic bug prevents powerful searches

Hi there, here is a game developer from another company. GGG is such a nice game!

Suggestion to remove an implementation bug:

Here is a nasty inconsistency that prevents disjunctive exclusions when searching for affix-counts:

Imagine: I want to search for Boots with the onslaught stat, either crafted or explicit, BUT in case there is a crafted stat I want to exclude crafts, that are not the onslaught craft! (a realistic scenario).

Well, you can find boots that are NOT having a crafted prefix (in this case) by the stat "CRAFTED prefix modifiers 1 to 3".

However, to do this in a COUNT-stat group (disjunction) the following stat needs to work:

"CRAFTED prefix modifiers 0 to 0" (will return 0 results, inconsistent!)

Please fix for prefix and suffix counts. Ty in advance.

Greetings
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2024, 11:40:08 AM
you can explicitly exclude the crafted onslaught mod, or exclude all crafted mod (pull down menu on crafted: any/yes/no), or explicitly include onslaught mod in stat filter, crafted mod variant or not (using mod count)

Other way to search.....well you need to tag the thread as "Trade Website" and summon Novynn
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
well, I know your mentioned options.

However the mis-behaviour that I described still holds.

To be more precise (some logic theory):

A implies B <=> Not (A) or B

This is exactly what you cannot model right now. And: it is easy to modify "Count X 0 to 0" to be TRUE, if the mod X does not exist.

Hope it helps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/2Jmz0qYUk

Something like this? "Search for boots with 'Onslaught on kill'. If there are crafted modifiers, use a weighted sum to guarantee the modifier has to be onslaught on kill."
Hi there, Jadian - I always admire the creativity of PoE-Gamers in finding niche-solutions :) !

However, this will not help, besides its hard readability (is this an English word?) .

You are suggesting the weight multipliers and a negative min-sum. Here (if only 1 craft is on the item) the "minus 1" will be raised by X times the onslaught value on the boots (e.g. 10) that will lead to 0.9 in this case.

This is unfortunately not what users usually want:
- The weight-group is exclusive and used to maximize stat-values. This feature is GREAT!!
- You cannot directly search for explicit onslaught like this (the alternative for a craft) OR the necessary open PREFIX in such a case.
- The very much readable feature that I request will do this.

Therefore it will help a lot to be able to have the feature I requested. Don't you think?

Greetings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info