Do you think That Which Was Taken or charms will go core in any form?

some of the charm/jewel mods are extremely good for enabling builds that would otherwise be unplayable, excluding the outright power creep ones like reservation efficiency and crit multi per power charge, and I would really like to have access to some of the mods in the upcoming leagues for the sake of build diversity. I played 4 builds this league and literally all four of them would be completely dead without charms and the jewel.

what do you think ggg's approach will be after this league ends? I think it would be awesome if we got a charm slot above the left ring slot, so we'd at least be able to use one charm on all builds.
Last bumped on Jan 9, 2024, 4:33:51 AM
A league with extra class progression seems unlikely to stick around, it just seems like an outsized contribution compared to what other core mechanics do.

The charms are a neat toy for the league but I don't actually want them in the game long term. Too much player power is concentrated in items already.

But stranger things have happened I guess.
"
A league with extra class progression seems unlikely to stick around, it just seems like an outsized contribution compared to what other core mechanics do.

The charms are a neat toy for the league but I don't actually want them in the game long term. Too much player power is concentrated in items already.

But stranger things have happened I guess.

I agree, some of them are too powerful to be kept in the game long-term, but some mods are truly build enabling and not game-breaking by any means, which is great for build diversity. For example, wither on hit is such a basic thing, but crit poison assassin builds don't have access to automated wither because they can't even use withering step if they're using nightblade or the elusive ascendancy. Triple offering builds will be basically dead without the offering effect charm, es leech is pretty much gated behind the support gem for most builds. There are some outliers that are definitely game breaking and shouldn't exist in every league, so I don't know how GGG could make this stuff go core.

It's tattoos all over again. Like, stun avoidance tattoo wasn't game breaking at all though it was amazing to have, but it died for the sins of additional projectile and flask effect tattoos. There are so many builds I'd like to play but they'll all be basically dead next league if charms and the jewel don't make it to core.
Eh, if there’s one thing this game has no shortage of, it’s character builds. It wouldn't be too tragic to miss out on going from seven bajillion to seven bajillion and eleven.

Having said that, the game has managed to give builds the tools they need without charms all this time. Plenty of other places to put any particularly interesting mods (my preference is always just straight on the tree).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info