Please help explain this support gem problem

I don't understand the support gem situation for Righteous Fire.
I see now in PoB that Controlled Destruction will not work with RF. So I was trying to see which ones would, and I see that this fairly famous person Pohx here
https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/righteous-fire-inquisitor-passive-skill-tree-gem-links
has a very popular RF build (which I am not following), but just looking at it makes my head spin. I don't understand why he uses purity of ice and focuses on cold, but my main question is this:
Why does this build use Swift Affliction in the RF setup?
RF doesn't have a duration, nor does it hit?
When I put in Swift Affliction in my PoB, nothing happens (as if I had socketed nothing), which is to be expected. When I deactivate Swift Affliction in Pohx's linked PoB, the damage goes down. What am I not understanding?
Thanks in advance
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2024, 4:43:42 PM
The max res thing is probably melding of the flesh.

Swift affliction will work with RF if you support it with lifetap as that will give it a duration tag.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
The max res thing is probably melding of the flesh.

Swift affliction will work with RF if you support it with lifetap as that will give it a duration tag.

Thanks!
I'll have to look up what melding of the flesh even is ...😅
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info