New player build help! which one?

Hi,

I have tried this game a few times but never really made it out of the campaign because either I tried making my own character and failed or I followed a build that was too complicated or difficult to progress with.

Any advise for a build that is fun and will push me through the campaign and could also scale into endgame?

I looked at SRS Guardian and it definitely ticks all the boxes but I don't really like the playstyle of what I have seen.

Spectres? Totem or the new penance brand stuff? I don't know what to do and also scared I might choose something that becomes very expensive to get going.

Is there a build that can map by itself but at the same time also supports or boosts teammates? I would like that too in case my friend starts playing.

Please advise kind of exiles of wraeclast!

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by superwormjimmy on Jan 6, 2024, 2:18:03 AM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2024, 10:10:56 AM
RF Juggernaut is easy to build and will carry you to mid-tier maps easily. It's very tanky and uses only few buttons. It's not great for bosses and also not that exciting to play though.
Toxic Rain Shadow Trickster is the one I'm working on and apart from head gear, it's fairly cheap to build too. It's been quite fun to play so far but can't say how will it perform in further acts and end game.
You should pick a league start guide that is good for beginners. I would say anything at maxroll.gg would be a candidate. Every playstyle is represented there except totems. For that you can check Tatiantel2 on youtube and find his Storm Burst totem vid.

The maxroll guides are very thorough. Tati probably doesn't have a guide in that format but the notes in his PoB should be very detailed.

Aside from being very thorough and beginner friendly, the maxroll guides are all rated for difficulty, cost, bossing, mapping and tankiness.

Any of those builds should be quite capable of finishing the atlas for you. They won't scale equally well to all endgame content, but you can think about other options when you have a complete atlas and a couple of watchstones.

Good luck!
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jan 8, 2024, 10:31:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info