New player banned day 1

It's been a long time that I try to convince a friend to play Path of Exile. The guy never played the game before.

On December 22, we finally played till the start of act 3. The next morning, he's banned for breaching TOS. My friend wrote an E-mail to support@GGG and didn't receive an answer from now.

This evening, my friend decided to create a new account to play the game in between. We killed Vaal Oversoul, he got disconnected "banned for using third party software".

There is absolutely no chance that he has breached any TOS or used a third party software. Of course, he won't try to create a new account till he received an answer from the support.

What's going on? Do you guys know what can cause GGG to think that we're trying to cheat?

GGG has to address this matter, it's frankly disappointing, I always considered GGG to be an incredible company but the more i see those posts of people being banned wrongfully, the more i feel disgust.

Please, be respectful, I know my friend and nothing wrong has been done.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

PS: Sorry for my English
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2024, 4:23:18 AM
Hi there Jaylemac,

I am sorry to hear that! We are unable to discuss any bans via the forums, however if your friend has contacted us via email at support@grindinggear.com regarding this, the relevant team will be sure to respond as soon as possible. I apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime.
Like i don't understand why GGG won't entertain the idea that there is an issue with their flagging system.... there are enough people complaining about this to suggest that its probably worth looking into
How do you know they aren’t looking into it?
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Jaylemac wrote:
It's been a long time that I try to convince a friend to play Path of Exile. The guy never played the game before.

On December 22, we finally played till the start of act 3. The next morning, he's banned for breaching TOS. My friend wrote an E-mail to support@GGG and didn't receive an answer from now.

This evening, my friend decided to create a new account to play the game in between. We killed Vaal Oversoul, he got disconnected "banned for using third party software".

There is absolutely no chance that he has breached any TOS or used a third party software. Of course, he won't try to create a new account till he received an answer from the support.

What's going on? Do you guys know what can cause GGG to think that we're trying to cheat?

GGG has to address this matter, it's frankly disappointing, I always considered GGG to be an incredible company but the more i see those posts of people being banned wrongfully, the more i feel disgust.

Please, be respectful, I know my friend and nothing wrong has been done.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

PS: Sorry for my English

IT HAPPENED TO ME AND THEY SAID THEY WON'T UNBAN MY FIRST ACCOUNT, THE SECOND ACCOUNT HAS NO RESPONSE YET 😭
Ok guys, I'll give you followings on what happened to him and that's pretty "funny".

1. The first account, who got banned for TOS breaching, got his ban revoked with no warning. We're playing together today.

2. The second account, who got banned for third party software, got his ban maintained.

The thing that is the most interesting is that my friend didn't install any software between the first time he played (22.12) and the second time (30.12).

Again, my friend didn't use any software link to Path of exile, he's brand new player doing act 1 and 2.

It is clear for us, and I hope for you too, that there is a problem with the way GGG is banning people right now. It can happen to anybody, cheater or not.

I really hope to all of you, who got banned for nothing, that your ban get revoke in the future, new account or not.

Don't hesitate to post your stories in this thread, GGG probably knows now that there is a problem but we need to be sure.

Happy new year Exiles.

Thats Funny becuase im new aswell into the Game and first i got Banned because of TOS and Second time Because of Third Party Software and im not using and Third Party Softwares :D if they count "Vanguard" the Anti Cheat System for Valorant than im actually Done Here.
"
Jaylemac wrote:
Ok guys, I'll give you followings on what happened to him and that's pretty "funny".

1. The first account, who got banned for TOS breaching, got his ban revoked with no warning. We're playing together today.

2. The second account, who got banned for third party software, got his ban maintained.

The thing that is the most interesting is that my friend didn't install any software between the first time he played (22.12) and the second time (30.12).

Again, my friend didn't use any software link to Path of exile, he's brand new player doing act 1 and 2.

It is clear for us, and I hope for you too, that there is a problem with the way GGG is banning people right now. It can happen to anybody, cheater or not.

I really hope to all of you, who got banned for nothing, that your ban get revoke in the future, new account or not.

Don't hesitate to post your stories in this thread, GGG probably knows now that there is a problem but we need to be sure.

Happy new year Exiles.

this is such a cope its not even funny, ive emailed them twice and i dont think ill get my main account unbanned 2 times i got told that ive breached section 7 of ToU and they cant tell me what i did wrong,
i really hope some big streamer gets the word around and GGG to start doing something about us affected by this
To be honest, I really hope GGG is getting back to us with some more explanation.
There is definitely something wrong in their detection system, most of us who played and supported the Game deserve to understand.

I am one of the players that got unbanned today, 10 days after, but I will not get into my 7 years account again without knowing what triggered the ban, with the risk of getting flagged again.

If you get arrested for some felony, you get immediately told what you get arrested for, its a principle of law in modern society. So you learn not to repeat your actions.

Last edited by PoeRecovery3 on Jan 2, 2024, 4:24:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info