How to craft this body armor?

Hey guys I don't know too much about crafting in this game but I've got this body armour that has basically no suffixes on it, and I'd like to get at least chaos resistance on there plus 2 more suffixes that's good for me. I just don't know what the best way to go about it is.
Should I craft "prefixes cannot be changed" and then hit it with exalted orbs and scouring until i'm satisfied? Looking at the list of suffixes some delve mods sound good but I don't know if I can even use resonators and fossils on it.
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2023, 3:26:05 AM
Lots of options worth exploring.

1. Eldritch currency to safely roll, exalt or annul suffixes only

2. Lock suffixes + reforge chaos (harvest) to force chaos res. If suffixes fill up, you can open suffix with eldritch annul orb and repeat the process.

Once you hit a desired mod, you can bench craft and slam again or you can craft multi mod + prefixes cannot be changed and use aisling. This will have a 2/3 chance to keep the chaos res and remove one of the other crafts instead, so you unveil a second suffix and bench craft the third.

You can't use resonators or essences from here, they will reforge the entire item.

Edit: I should mention that typically, crafts such as these involve crafting suffixes first, as they are far more valuable / important than prefixes (not always).

So this type of armour would generally involve starting with a fractured suffix (e.g., chaos resistance, spell suppress, flat physical damage reduction), using essences (second suffix) to hit a third good suffix. Then the budget craft will lock suffixes and use veiled chaos orb, unveil and craft life. The higher tier craft will roll for life, lock suffixes, unveil (max life, avoid ailments) and bench craft life% or phys taken as element.
Last edited by BrettLee on Dec 30, 2023, 4:27:43 AM
You can get flat phys reduction with "reforge phys". You can also get flat phys + chaos resist by using Harvest reforge/augment. And then Veiled or crafted if you spend some Divines. Best experiment in https://www.craftofexile.com/

Edit: Just using "lock prefix" + Veiled chaos + crafted you can also likely get ~33% chaos resist. All depends on budget and what exactly you want.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Dec 30, 2023, 12:47:19 PM
I wouldn't spend currency on that armour, it's almost always better to start with a fractured base

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info