Defiance banner question

Do I understand defiance banner correctly that the debuff which causes enemies to deal 15% less damage upon placing the banner is active if and only if those enemies are taunted by me?

In other words, if I place the fully charged banner and then immediately cast a totem which taunts upon being placed, will doing so negate the 15% less damage dealt debuff? (And thus map maps or monsters which have the "cannot be tainted" mod will also cause the debuff to negate?)

Thanks in advance
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last edited by onomastikon on Dec 30, 2023, 7:07:48 AM
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2023, 6:35:34 AM
Anyone please?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
a target that is taunted can not be taunted again until the first taunt runs out.

monsters that can not be taunted will not deal 15% less damage when you place a banner.
Last edited by auspexa on Dec 31, 2023, 4:45:17 AM
"
auspexa wrote:
a target that is taunted can not be taunted again until the first taunt runs out.

monsters that can not be taunted will not deal 15% less damage when you place a banner.

Thank you.
But when I perform a manual taunt (e.g. infernal cry), and then immediately place a totem which taunts, it at least appears that monsters stop aggroing me and go after my totems. Is that an illusion?
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
auspexa wrote:

Thank you.
But when I perform a manual taunt (e.g. infernal cry), and then immediately place a totem which taunts, it at least appears that monsters stop aggroing me and go after my totems. Is that an illusion?

I think it is

it is explained here

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Taunt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info