Is this normal procedure ?

I need someone who went through email change procedure to tell me if they had to do all this.

I contacted support 1 month ago and they already sent me 7 mails asking for more and more detailled info. At some point they should be able to confirm i'm the account owner by the 2nd or 3rd mail and also I CAN ACCES MY ACCOUNT, I HAVE ALL LOGIN INFO, NOBODY CAN PLAY WITH IT SINCE MY OLD EMAIL GOT DELETED DAMN !

I'm a 10 years player spent about 100$ in the game and i get threated like this...

Anyone in the same situation ?
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2023, 8:11:44 PM
I'm afraid this is not something we are able to discuss on the forums for account security reasons. If you have questions regarding this, please email us at support@grindinggear.com.
Yes, i am in the same situation. I lost my account for 1 day with loss of all staff. Tried to recover the stuff by support, but they said: we cant help you, so we block your account. It was after 5 days of incident. Already 3 weeks we are talking in that way: 1 reply in 1 week.
The procedure for support (depending on the issue) is about what you have experienced so far.

So if it's anything that requires that a person needs to verify the account is their own it dose involve several emails(enough to satisfy support that it is the account creator).

They do this first before adding you to the support queue, this is to convey that they HAVE seen you ticket and ARE working on it.
Before this method it used to be a case of you email them, they would add you to the queue and you could wait upto a month before even getting to the security questions.

Unfortunately for you have are caught is a situation where there 3 things delaying a timely response.

1. New league starting, this brings back people who have forgotten login details, lost email addresses, and other assorted issues that require support time

2. There has been a fairly significant ban wave, and the resulting appeals to get unbanned

3. holiday season, pretty sure there are people in the office but they won't be fully staffed.

And all of that means that it can take weeks to get processed....and that there will be a period of time where they have finished asking you security questions and you are sitting in a queue before your ticket is finished up.

YOU are not any more important than anyone else in the queue even if you have spent tens of thousands of dollars.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
The procedure for support (depending on the issue) is about what you have experienced so far.

So if it's anything that requires that a person needs to verify the account is their own it dose involve several emails(enough to satisfy support that it is the account creator).

They do this first before adding you to the support queue, this is to convey that they HAVE seen you ticket and ARE working on it.
Before this method it used to be a case of you email them, they would add you to the queue and you could wait upto a month before even getting to the security questions.

Unfortunately for you have are caught is a situation where there 3 things delaying a timely response.

1. New league starting, this brings back people who have forgotten login details, lost email addresses, and other assorted issues that require support time

2. There has been a fairly significant ban wave, and the resulting appeals to get unbanned

3. holiday season, pretty sure there are people in the office but they won't be fully staffed.

And all of that means that it can take weeks to get processed....and that there will be a period of time where they have finished asking you security questions and you are sitting in a queue before your ticket is finished up.

YOU are not any more important than anyone else in the queue even if you have spent tens of thousands of dollars.

Well lets be honest here, the current wait time is a failure on GGGs part, no real reason they cant hire more people , it could be coincedence but when doing the same process this past weeks i was being emailed by rory 😅 for a change of email.

The company and playerbase has grown and the support needs to keep up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info