Is "Chance for Spell Damage Suppression" mainly for end game Delirium/Ultimatum?

Hi,

What is the use of "Chance for Spell Damage Suppression" Chance when I've already finished maps (including obtaining void stones), killed Maven, etc?

This is first time ever since 7 years!

I have zero spell suppression but I'm curious why so many people who have my build and at my level, according to poe.ninja, have 100% spell suppression.

Is "Chance for Spell Damage Suppression" used only for end game Delirium/Ultimatum maps and stuff? As I don't think it's needed much for bosses.

I guess I'm asking, why are people who have same build as me, at same level as me, spend so much currency to get 100% spells suppression. I have 0% spell suppression, and believe me, I'm a very average player, and managed to kill all end game scenario bosses.

Is there something missing in my logic?

Thank you

Last bumped on Dec 31, 2023, 8:12:36 PM
Your build already has spell block as an alternative mean to mitigate/avoid spell dmg and thus spell suppress isnt as valuable in this specific scenario.
Unless you wanted to push for lvl100 or farm quasi HC content such as Sanctum where you´d only have one attempt and must not die under any circumstances.

On top off that:
Pinnacle bosses as Maven are far from the most difficult encounters - gz on beating her btw :)

If you wanted to beat Uber bosses or very hard Maven invitations like the feared, you will value spell suppress much much higher than you would for generic mapping or bossing.

Posion SRS is extremely powerful in a bossing scenario while being mediocre at mapping at best. So its somewhat safe to assume the builds you are referring to are heavily invested into bossing or invitation or possibly Similacrum farming.

This sort of content is very unforgiving and you´d want every bit of defense you can possibly muster.
hmmm.. I'm not sure what to make of your reply. Look like bosses can be upgraded etc. Thank you, that is very very helpful
Check your atlas tree and search for "the perfect storm".
This would upgrade the Sirus encounter from a lvl84 to a lvl85 zone and thus turn him into uber sirus.
Dont be fooled by thinking its just 1 lvl, how bad could it be.
Those bosses will turn into nightmares and not many builds/players can handle it.

There are 6 more keystones like the above mentioned for all 7 uber bosses.
As long as those are allocated you can fight the uber versions. They got a different loot drops than the regular ones and if you hit the jackpot, it can be very lucrative.
Most likely you´ll just die tho ;)

Anyways, for those encounters or similacrum or giga juiced maps you do want spell suppress. Your block is bound to fail eventually and then you´d take full dmg. If you cant tank it, you die.
Thats when spell suppress shines. If you dont mind dying and are still able to clear the content, well then its a waste of currency.

As always in this game: It really depends on which content you want to engage with.
Thank you Sir!

This is a really really good reply that should be included in the tutorial of the game or somewhere at least.

It brings things (including why we can have late game defenses) very much into perspective

Sorry for the late response.

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info