missing abysse's and spires

i have farmed a lot of maps with gilded abyss scarab, abyss sextant and device craft abyss. the problem here is that i should be getting atleast 3 abysses per map that turn into spires since im running t7 maps with gilded scarab, in some maps it works fine and i get 3 or more. however i have noticed that quite often im missing abysses that i have "paid" for (ps prices are crazy) or somehow when abyss should turn into spire it just dissapears or the spire is bugged and does not summon rares but only normal and magic monsters.

Edit: Just few minutes ago i got my biggest haul of wisps and was excited to see what i could get with that many of them but to my dissapoinment once again those 3 abysses that i should have had turned into two and the first one bugged and did not give spire. the second one was amazing, loot and currency all over the place when spire spawned all those rares. Honestly im a bit pissed that i could have had two more of those and it would have made me so much currency.
Last edited by Hermot_Ei_Kesta on Dec 27, 2023, 11:03:22 AM
Last bumped on Dec 29, 2023, 2:07:38 AM
I was having this saem issue myself, not sure if they shadow nerfed it or something
While spires do occasionally bug, it's quite rare.

Far more often, it's either that you're 1-shotting the spire (or just killing it very quickly) before it can summon the extra mobs. Also, some players are either not running Gilded abyss scarabs (resulting in Troves) or are running red maps (resulting in Depths). I realize that you said you aren't doing that, but I assume that some other people will read this as well.

The other issue, of "missing" abysses is something that has existed in the game for a very long time. Really juicy maps sometimes run out of room for things to spawn. Try running fewer different mechanics, or running ones that don't "take up space", like Torment.

Also, running large, fully open maps (like Dunes or Tropical Island) improves this. The most popular map for this strategy (Cemetery) has lots of little bits of terrain that reduce the number of potential spawn points for things like abysses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info