Added content getting cut from maps in favour of random mechanics

I have had an issue while juicing my maps with extra abyss content. I have been using Winged Abyss scarabs (2 extra), Abyss sextant (1), Map device craft (1), Atlas passives (+56% for 1 extra). I should be getting between 4-5 extra abysses in my maps but can often see between 1 and 5.

I have started paying close attention to what is in my map when I get a low roll on abysses and have noted that the last 2 bad maps had an ascendancy trial in them. They also either had a random Blight spawn or Expedition, which are at their base spawn chance values (cannot be blocked due to Wandering Path).

I think that there may be something of a content limit on maps and some content gets culled to fit in other content based on a hierarchy of priority (perhaps cost of craft on map device, where something like expedition or harvest wins over abyss).

I doubt this is an intended phenomenon so I thought I would submit a bug report. It is somewhat frustrating to invest multiple divines into a set of winged scarabs, sextants and rolling maps to have certain modifiers only to have the actual purpose of the whole task removed through some strange interaction.

I have experienced this issue in 4 out of 20 maps in total so not an uncommon occurrence. Between this and the ups and down of what the Affliction mechanic gives depending on luck, it is very rare to get good amounts of wisps and have all the content in the map to make use of it despite all the boxes being ticked to ensure it being added on my part.

If the wording was "your areas CAN contain an extra abyss", then that would be working as intended. But instead it says "Area CONTAINS an extra abyss, or 2 additional abysses", which leads me to submitting a bug report.

Thanks for your time, hope this can get resolved in the future. Merry Christmas!
Last bumped on Dec 25, 2023, 2:15:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info