Extreme latency issues in Sao Paulo realm

Hey, I'm a player from Argentina, and since the latest patch I noticed intense and sporadic lag spikes that completely cut down any connection to the realm for multiple seconds at a time, in consistent intervals. This issue has remained consistent for a while now, making PoE outright unplayable for long periods at times. This is particularly annoying when mapping, as the issues prevent control for 3 seconds roughly, going up to almost ~40 seconds total of no connection during the worst moments

I tried other realms, and the latency is much more consistent, which leads me to believe the latency issue is specific to SP. However, since all of latin america shares a single realm, and Argeninta is way south, it means the minimum laency I can connect outside of the Sao Paulo realm is ~330 ms.

I already tried using WinMTR, but it was unable to connect to the IP. Is there something I can do to sort this issue, or is it a server side matter that GGG is yet to sort out?
Last bumped on Dec 25, 2023, 8:34:15 PM
Same thing happening here, also Argentina.

It keeps happening that i run 1 map, then the second just completely bricks with the lag spikes
It's really annoying, yeah. Just now I had an entire map hit by consistent lag but "playable" at least.
Is this just a realm issue then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info