Eldritch altar strips down all of armor entirely instead of -3000 armor.

I used an eldritch altar in a map that had the condition of taking off -3000 armor and -3000 evasion in exchange for some extra benefits, but after taking it I suddenly started dying non-stop.

In my stats I noticed there's no armor line anymore. It appears if I use the Molten Shell skill, with the armor that Molten Shell gives, but my Determination aura doesn't seem to give anything at all and no armor from my equipment either.

For reference I have around 36k armor in my hideout, so this shouldn't have been that bad. I suspect it's some kind of interaction with my Iron Reflexes(Converts all Evasion rating to Armor) notable passive and my total evasion being lower than 3000, but who knows.

Altar description bottom right corner:

Character stats screen with no armor line

Armor line appeared as I exited the map
Last edited by ShadowUltra on Dec 23, 2023, 1:22:19 PM
Last bumped on Dec 24, 2023, 12:30:25 AM
The stats removed by the altar affect your base stats, not your final stats.

The -3000 Evasion Rating affects your armour as well due to Iron Reflexes, for -6000 armor total. From what I can see loading your character into PoB, your base Armour+Evasion Rating is ~5900 without Molten Shell, which would put you below 0 while Molten Shell is down.

If you unallocated Iron Reflexes, it wouldn't have hit quite as hard: that ~5900 base armour with Iron Reflexes is ~4900 armour and ~1000 evasion.
I see. That's pretty misleading, -3000 armor doesn't sound like much in the face of 36000 that's written on the character screen, even 6000 wouldn't do that much of a difference if you count evasion in it. Should've taken those values off of the number in that window rather than from the base, which isn't really visible anywhere, nor is it mentioned in the description of the ailment.
Its consistent with forms of + to armor and evasion just in the opposite direction. If you take a passive with +150 armor it adds it to the base not the final. So 30k doesnt become 30,150 it becomes a much higher number because the 150 is multiplied by your more armor and increased armor modifiers.
In a situation like this while mapping, I don't think I should have to open an external tool to figure out how this would affect me. I'd rather see a percentage decrease or higher numbers that would affect my actual armor score rather than the base that isn't visible in the game.

This could also be fixed by just adding the base number into the same line in parenthesis in the status window.
Last edited by ShadowUltra on Dec 25, 2023, 11:25:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info