bug, or did i get hacked?

several items and all of my guild tabs are gone... i have been playing since day 1, 10 years ago, so some of my items are (were) fairly unique/OG. is this a version upgrade bug or did i get hacked? iv been using steam to login for the past few years, but didn't think to change my GGG password (did that yesterday to be safe). Thoughts?

why it matters? well. i lost my arm to a genetic disease recently, which makes gameplay (and typing) infinatly more challenging - limiting me to simple-to-use characters. My dragons horde of gear would hve helped in that. now that most of the good stuff is gone... well... you get the idea. leveing takes a lot longer. thankfully not everything is gone, most of my common (worth very little) ubiques are stll there. but most of my more powerful stuff is gon. cautionarry tale i suppose. change passwords regulrly.
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2023, 2:16:08 PM
damn.... that sucks. feel for you. hope GGG can do something.
Hey there, I'm sorry to hear that! Could you please email us at support@grindinggear.com so we can look into this matter for you?
"
loudpinks2000 wrote:
damn.... that sucks. feel for you. hope GGG can do something.

Like? assuming there isn't some user error (like a lot of people fail at linking their stand alone account to steam and end up over writing it...that can be fixed)
But anything else it going to zero restore policy, dose not matter if you were hacked or a bug deleted items.

If you were hacked all GGG can do is lock the account until you have secured your PC (changing passwords for game and email)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info