BSOD issues

I've played a variety of games (including poe) on my current pc for 5-6 years and never got any technical problem. No crashes, no bsods, nothing. So I got the same RAM, graphic card, cpu etc, all along. I never ever overclocked a thing.

Last league I got a few bsod errors. Due to my old ssd I thought it had been broken down. So I removed the old ssd then bought a new one. Installed fresh Windows on it. And never launched poe until today. And again I got a bsod error playing poe today.

Between these two leagues I played a variety of games such as CS 2, Baldur's Gate 3, Diablo 4, Dark Souls 1/3, and many more. And not a single error ocured. With that being said I assume that poe causes those bsod errors.

Has any of you guys got the same problem? Have you solved it?

BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2023, 11:09:12 AM
"
kordio wrote:
I've played a variety of games (including poe) on my current pc for 5-6 years and never got any technical problem. No crashes, no bsods, nothing. So I got the same RAM, graphic card, cpu etc, all along. I never ever overclocked a thing.

Last league I got a few bsod errors. Due to my old ssd I thought it had been broken down. So I removed the old ssd then bought a new one. Installed fresh Windows on it. And never launched poe until today. And again I got a bsod error playing poe today.

Between these two leagues I played a variety of games such as CS 2, Baldur's Gate 3, Diablo 4, Dark Souls 1/3, and many more. And not a single error ocured. With that being said I assume that poe causes those bsod errors.

Has any of you guys got the same problem? Have you solved it?

BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I had the same issue 2 years ago. For me it was one of my ram modules that was faulty. I suggest to do a ram test.
This has nothing to do with POE.

The error message is completely related to the Windows Kernel, I dont see what POE has to do with that.
Could be that certain games run fine because they use different ressources, but it is apparent from this message that something is wrong with your system.

This message usually means your PC ran into a calculating error caused by file corruption in the RAM which happend on a crucial system level which cannot be autocorrected.
Like a error in the program that fixes errors basically.

There are many causes for this, but the most likely cause for errors like this to happen are:

1.) Driver file corruption, mainboard or graphics most likely
2.) Overclocking, accidently or intentionally, anything running over design specs can cause this, also high temperatures without overclocking can cause this (in that case your hardware is most likely already damaged by now tho)
3. Faulty RAM (best test for this is to remove one of the sticks to test for stability without it, software RAM tests are usually not very reliable but you could still try them)

Good luck.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Dec 9, 2023, 12:45:01 AM
I got th4e same BSOD once this league. However, just 2 weeks ago, i installed a new mainboard with new RAM. Run the windows Ram test and Memtest and everything is fine with the hardware. HWinfo shows no unusual voltage.
I am also in a similar situation.
Last league I noticed my pc starting blue screening around once a day and only with Poe. I play games religiously, all day, all different types, some much more pc demanding than poe too, yet these errors have never happened with any other game open.

I have tried repairing, reinstalling, all sorts of memory checks, monitor temps to make sure nothing is overheating, the only thing I haven't tried is replacing my hard drive which I can't imagine is the issue.

Strangely I used to open hearthstone while I was eating and just do my poe trades then but now if I have the two games open at the same time I'm almost promised to blue screen within 20 minutes for some reason.

Any help is appreciated.

These are a couple of the more recent crashes.
im in the same boat, for last 2 days i can play 5mins of POE before i get BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
i can play call of duty on max graphics and any other game on max no problems yet POE crashes my whole system.

Have run every check , have even had a microsft technican remote into my pc and they could not figure out the issue other than there is something wrong in the game files when interacting with my pc
Last edited by OriginalRiskz on Dec 17, 2023, 12:02:46 AM
Hoping to help everyone out there; I have updated my BIOS (msi mobo if it is relevant) and it has seemed to stop. Only been 4 days but that is longer than I have gone since before TOTA of not blue screening. Try it out for yourselves
BSOD's are not due to the game causing them.

The game is only trying to use what is broken.

It's like you not realizing you have broken a bone until you do something totally unrelated to the break and notice it then.

You are better off asking microsoft.

A google search has people creating a minidump and the results vary (valorant anti cheat and a gfx driver)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Dec 26, 2023, 11:14:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info