My Kid is a Newb - Any Acct Restrictions?

Title Really.

My son is going to play PoE for the first time with me; anything I need to be aware of with new account restrictions?

We just made his account, got a loot filter ready and what not... found out he doesn't have a hideout until he does a certain quest lol.

Made me think... are there any other account restrictions to be aware of?

ie: Can he join the guild? Trade restrictions? We gonna get banned when I give him a div on Day 2 to buy a tabby? etc.

I don't see anything in the TOS or anything about this. Thanks in advance for any replies!
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2023, 8:34:46 AM
"
kevin51287 wrote:
Title Really.

My son is going to play PoE for the first time with me; anything I need to be aware of with new account restrictions?

We just made his account, got a loot filter ready and what not... found out he doesn't have a hideout until he does a certain quest lol.

ie: Can he join the guild? Trade restrictions? We gonna get banned when I give him a div on Day 2 to buy a tabby? etc.

I don't see anything in the TOS or anything about this. Thanks in advance for any replies!

I think he can not trade uniques and use the guild stash until lvl 25 and 24 hours after he reaches lvl 25 (had this happen recently when I got my wife into POE kind of BS but I guess it helps vs RMT ?) not sure if currency trades worked or not so you will have to test that.
"
OoReSpEcToO wrote:
"
kevin51287 wrote:
Title Really.

I think he can not trade uniques and use the guild stash until lvl 25 and 24 hours after he reaches lvl 25 (had this happen recently when I got my wife into POE kind of BS but I guess it helps vs RMT ?) not sure if currency trades worked or not so you will have to test that.

Hmm, thanks for the insight and reply!

I was hoping to feed him some gear since I'll clearly be playing after he goes to bed. Can't go easy on league start! lol
if he does any trading then teach him how not to get scammed
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
if he does any trading then teach him how not to get scammed

Yeah I got scammed on my first ever "big" purchase.

Spent like weeks saving up for an atziri reflection... ended up buying the lower version that had the same picture. It didn't look right... I was just excited to get it for the first time.

Have never been scammed since. Will do my best to save him from that disappointment for sure lol.

We'll see... told him he has to kill kitava solo before I buy him stashes or mtx lol. No trading til then.
Simply put, there are no "restrictions" that I'm aware of. However, the perception of RMT is enough to get you banned. You gifting him things might get him banned, but it should be safe to sell things to him cheaply. You can also create a new character and level with him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info