Anon-Void Manipulation and Minions

Quick question,

Does Supported Skills have (0–10)% increased Area of Effect apply to Minions? Or does it only boost the AOE of skills that already have AOE like if the Minion were to have Melee Splash support?

Last bumped on Dec 7, 2023, 10:47:02 PM
Apply to minions as if you had "Minions have 10% increased Area of Effect".
But increasing AoE matters exactly for skills that already have AoE, or what do you mean?
Does the Minion get AOE from this if they dont have it? Like if I throw this on SRS would this be like a mini-melee splash for them? Thanks for the answers!
"
Chaustrologic wrote:
Like if I throw this on SRS would this be like a mini-melee splash for them?
No, it doesn't work like that. Not for minions, not for you.

Minions without AoE skills can benefit from AoE mods for the exploding purposes (Minion Instability, Profane Bloom), or some other stuff like ground effects from Siegebreaker belts.
"
Chaustrologic wrote:
Does the Minion get AOE from this if they dont have it? Like if I throw this on SRS would this be like a mini-melee splash for them? Thanks for the answers!

First of all, you should just ignore your entire line of thinking. In less than 24 hours all alternate quality gems will revert to their normal variants.

If you were to look at a gem like Increased AoE Support, then we can deduce if it would be effective. SRS has the gem tags "Spell, Minion, Duration, Fire." Since it does not have the "AoE" tag, it does not apply to the gem itself when casting.

Minions' abilities are also supported by the support gems. We can go to PoEDB for SRS and see the abilities SRS has. SRS only has a single attack with tags "Attack, RangedAttack, MirageArcherCanUse, Projectile, MeleeSingleTarget, Multistrikeable, Melee, ProjectilesFromUser." That again means it is not supported.

However, by linking it to Melee Splash Support, they inherit the "AoE" tag, and you can now use Increased AoE Support.
Ahhh that's what I thought. Thank you so much!

Will the gems keep their alt-qualities in standard league as a legacy gem? Just finishing up my character before affliction drops.
No, all current alternate quality gems are converting to normal quality with the same percentage. Many gems have had their quality stat altered, and that will affect all existing gems as well. The new transfigured gems are obtained in the Labyrinth, not Heist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info