Evasion

So I've recently switched from IR to full evasion + block with hp, and I gotta say, its WAY better than the armor I had from IR for PvE. However, its completely useless in PvP. I've checked out the older evasion threads and seems like a lot of people think its good against melee or combining it with Viper and just kite, but almost all of the melee I meet has Resolute Technique, making evasion completely useless. Even the melee shadows can take advantage of Puncture, doing huge damage (I have Acrobatics), and combined with multi-Viper Strike makes it even worse. The introduction of multistrike also made the entrophy problem a lot worse, and even though it does less damage to the linked skill, I take huge amounts of damage when I get hit because of Acrobatics.

I've thought about going back to IR and just focus on block with an Aegis Aurora instead, but I'm fairly new to the game and I would have to test how good the armor will be, while being able to survive maps which I mostly solo. Overall, evasion is great for PvE especially when combined with high block, but really underpowered in PvP.
s
Last edited by cala on Apr 19, 2013, 12:23:59 PM
A shadow using puncture would most likely not use resolute, since most shadows tend to stack crit chance and multiplier there would be no point in taking RT. and since puncture dot dmg relies on the initial hit your evasion/block will still work on it. sadly thats not the same with viper since no matter what happens with the attack the dot will ALWAYS be applied.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Alot of ppl have a hard time with viper but its a problem that can be easily countered with resistance and regen, the viper dot works just like RF in that they are both special dmg that cannot be evaded or blocked this seems like clear intention and logically is working as it should

Viper gives melee builds with lower defenses or lacking regen/pot spam the ability to even the playing field somewhat against more tanky heavy hitters and block builds

*As a side note it does seem odd that evasion does not apply to spells
Last edited by Greenbake on Apr 19, 2013, 3:45:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info