Halls of the dead clicking totems does nothing

been trying this for days, clicking the totems does nothing.
A blue line appears for 0.1 seconds and disappears.

You can't attack them or do any damage, how does this mechanic work??

there is zero indication of how to actual play this on xbox

what am I supposed to do?

I am playing a totem build and when I channel the enemy totem it shows a blue line for 0.1 seconds and then disappears and it casts my own totems.
Last edited by Booms5061 on Aug 28, 2023, 5:00:29 PM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2023, 2:34:30 AM
Same here since day 1, the devs ignore it like it's not real; Even if all enemies are perma death only my own teammates (if one is alive) can click the totem

After trying multiple times I thought of holding mouse1 after pressing and it worked, the line keeps going! It's nowhere written, no tutorial nothing
Last edited by Fraggiacapra on Aug 30, 2023, 9:26:46 PM
I'm struggling with this too. Keep putting down a curse when I try to channel a totem. And with the way this works, with enemies storming you or shooting at you from offscreen, I would like to channel a little bit, and then move to a different totem, instead of standing there until dead. But this doesn't work because you just fiddle around with other skills instead of channeling. I see videos about this from PC, and it's like a totally different game.

For some reason we get stunned despite having stopped to channel upwards of a second ago as well. I don't see this happening to the PC crowd. Makes the league mechanic a lot more difficult for us :(

Removing the skill for X may help, but then we're out yet another skill button (on top of left-click when moving for PC), which isn't exactly ideal either. I have auras behind one should-button and a mix of other things on the other. Main four is stuff I use all the time.
"
Gamepad/Console-specific Ancestor Issues:
Instant skills bound to A/X are used when channeling league totems.

The devs don't ignore it (and it's not just instant skills) but they also haven't solved it yet. For now I unassign X (which usually is my damage curse so that's ok for me not to have in Trials)
Channeling totems is in a really bad state and I have about a 30% chance of doing that. One of the main problems is that it can have a different state on Client and Server so what you see isn't even what you get sometimes. But targeting is the main problem. You can stand right in front of a totem and look in it's direction and still need multiple tries to actually get channeling. By then defenders might have already come over and it's super frustrating. You can't just spam a button, you need to wait and try to see if you actually got into the channeling animation since you often don't get shown the life bar of whatever you're interacting with, another long standing issue of console.
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind1 on Sep 7, 2023, 2:36:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info