Can we get some MTX love Freezing Pulse? Also, has GGG considered "Chroma" type MTX?

Hi there!

So you guys do an *incredible* job with the skill gem MTX in this game. In fact, a lot of the art the team does in general is incredible.

However, one skill with a lot of potential that's sorely lacking MTX options is Freezing Pulse. Currently, there's only Artic Freezing pulse and while it definitely doesn't look bad I actually prefer the base skin. The other issue though is that it's a very similar theme since Freezing Pulse is already a cold skill.

I have a few ideas, but one really interesting option might be an aurora borealis type of MTX where the colors of the aurora borealis sort of alternate through the wave. Obviously, the wave moves kind of fast, but you could have a slight trail appear behind the projectiles with those colors.

I understand that might be difficult to implement though so you could always just color the 'head' of the pulse in a combination of the aurora borealis colors and/or more specifically that sort of shade of green.

Another idea could be a type of 'Fel Flame' freezing pulse. The color could be similar to the Green Searing bond totem. Kind of like that same theme as the World of Warcraft warlock fel fire.

On a somewhat related topic. I was wondering if the team had ever considered "Chroma" type MTX where the idea isn't to stop making specific, themed MTX but instead have that option as more of a supplement.

For example, something that's just like a 'green' arc beam for Arc could actually be cool. You could do this for a lot of skills base art for skills that have a distinct color. It would be kind of nice in terms of helping match the skill with specific sets people want to use.

(Even if you don't wanna do the above, please do add a bright green arc skill as well, like the searing bond beam! haha :P)

Anyways, thanks for reading and wishing the team luck with the 3.22 launch next week! :)
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2023, 3:39:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info