Grove crafting - Augment mod is an absolute waste and a joke

I used to absolutely love grove. It still has its definite advantages, but the fun has been completely sucked right out of the league mechanic. Now it's just a boring currency grind.

I can't speak on on PC but 20k life force costs 3 divines on console. On top of the Crystal Life Force is 1d. To Augment or add/remove, costs 4 divine per attempt. On top of that you are suffix/preffix cannot be changed which makes each attempt 6 divines. 6 divines per attempt on a 50/50 to remove the mod you want removed and add a 1 in 6 chance to land a t1 with t2 being acceptable for most. With t2 being okay you have a 33% chance to land the tier modifier you want. With a 50% Chance to remove suffix/prefix can not be changed. This gives you apx a 1 and 8 chance per add/remove to land the craft you are looking for. Why would this not be lucky? On average if you are landing somewhere in the middle, the craft is gonna take you 24 divines for a t2. doubling that at least for a t1.

Why tf would it even be possible to roll a bottom of the barrel affix on something that takes multiple hours to farm if not days for an ssf player. Why would anyone outside of someone who has 100's of divines attempting to make a perfect 6 t1 mirror item attempt to add/remove? Just reforge crit for 150 lifeforce having a small chance to brick your bow and being dependent on a lucky annul with risks of starting from scratch. Am I missing something here? Or does Grove crafting actually suck this bad?

The reason for my rant is I ended up Aisling slamming a 2 t1 and 1 t2 ele bow with t1 crit chance or crit multi 5 times and a t2 crit chance one time. All 6 times Aisling removed the mod I wanted and kept prefixes cannot be changed. This led me to Augmenting Crit, as I wanted to keep my veiled mod and add a t1 or t2 crit chance or crit multi. All 6 times I got t4-t6 crit values. All 6 times the prefixes cannot be changed was left on the bow and the veiled mod was removed.

This all happened after a super eye bleeding game session where I was exausted and accidently smelted down my 100D+ Spine Bow in the Forge. I was super tired and beat myself up for hours. Had a hard time sleeping but got up and decided I was going to craft a new bow but better than the one I destroyed. 200 divines later and I am out of currency, out of patience and done with the game.

Do not be like me. Never add/remove. Just reforge crit and hope it doesnt brick your bow hoping for a lucky annul. F U GGG. 0-12 of 50/50's. Not even possible. Fix your fucking game and stop sucking the fun out of everything.
Last bumped on May 26, 2023, 7:27:09 AM
Yes. The game was made by people who have gambling addictions and assume everyone loves to gamble as much as they do. I came to the game because of the complex skill tree and the ability to make my own unique character.

I DON'T PLAY as much as I would because of the really annoying CRAFTING system and the instant death effects to MELEE.

The love of my unique melee build brings me back now and then.
Your item editor is forever gone and is never coming back.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You don't have to buy life force.. you can farm it.
And when you are done with your crafting, you can sell the rest ... it's expensive you know? So you can make quite some currency! ;)
Your trade site is your item editor.
If you get that upset over a video game, it's time to take a break.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
IMO, you need to set the depth you going to dive in order to come back alive.

Best results are not based on the statistical reality but your expectations.
Stop Bombing
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Your item editor is forever gone and is never coming back.

It was never a item editor for 99,99% of the playerbase but was a build enabler for a lot of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info