Can somebody please explain how PvP currently works?

I'm in Softcore mode right now, and I see the option to "Join PvP" on Greust. When I click on that, it shows an empty queue.

So how does PvP work in Softcore mode? How do you duel people? If you die in a PvP match in Softcore, do you lose any items or get an experience penalty?

I can't find any information on the wiki or in these forms that tells me how the PvP system works.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
All that and a bag of chips!
You lose nothing if you die in pvp, or lose the match entirely.
For winning, you get ego points. They help to boost your epeen.

Physically, two people click a few times and their ingame characters kill each other in 2-5 hits.
Not many people play hell mode pvp, the biggest cestpool would be level 28pvp.
Last edited by exmse on Apr 17, 2013, 12:45:25 AM
So the only PvP available right now is via the matches through vendors? And how many people vs how many people? Are there teams? 1v1? Can you Duel other people?

What's active now vs. what is planned? They have PvP events, correct?
All that and a bag of chips!
I was actually wondering about the pvp system for default league as well. I was a big fan of dueling in D2 and was hoping it'd be at least similar or better in a sense. I'm all for a specific league just for pvp if that's what they plan on doing, but i guess what i'm really wondering is if there is any real reason to continue w/ my default league character to pvp later on?
Don't expect much from pvp right now. It feels really tacked on and needs a lot of work. Sitting in que feels really boring and lonely much of the time.

Hopefully the devs have some really really good plans for pvp that are in the works and not just hypothetical.
Standard Forever
Heres how it works
1. You join queue
2. You buff up
3. You kill the other guy
4. ?
5. Profit
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
No doubt it will require work i'm just hoping that all the leagues will have some form of fleshed out pvp in the future (i'm fine w/ waiting as the game is still in beta and i'm hoping they will get everything organized as time goes on). It would just suck major ballsack to have nothing to do in default league besides PVE and build testing.
Dev Mainfesto:

There's also a PvP revamp coming! We're looking at the following areas of improvement:
PvP balance tweaks (without breaking the existing PvE balance)
Proper rankings and PvP ladders
Scheduled tournaments (for example, single elimination)
More PvP modes (eventually modes like Capture the Flag)
Specific skills designed to mitigate dominant builds in PvP. It's intended to be a lot like an MTG metagame
More arenas and tilesets
IGN: Cimos_Baller
Sounds pretty interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info