Can't Pick Up Items With Controller

After seeing you have controller support I wanted to try this game again but as I created a character I can't pick up items. I can interact with objects and people but have no way to pick up items.
Last bumped on Jan 7, 2024, 9:39:01 PM
this is a local issue, not a bug.
"
PossibleTango wrote:
After seeing you have controller support I wanted to try this game again but as I created a character I can't pick up items. I can interact with objects and people but have no way to pick up items.

If you use a controller on the PC version, you have to make sure that you didn't activate "Key Pickup". I would assume that if you use a kontroller on the PC version then this has to be set to "disable".

But like @dorkdude2 already said, this is niether a BUG or a TECH issue.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
PossibleTango wrote:

If you use a controller on the PC version, you have to make sure that you didn't activate "Key Pickup". I would assume that if you use a kontroller on the PC version then this has to be set to "disable".

But like @dorkdude2 already said, this is niether a BUG or a TECH issue.

I have key pickup to disabled. How is it a me issue if everything works besides looting? I've seen someone else that also has the issue but can't find a solution.
I found the issue. The game is bugged when at my resolution of 5120x1440p, I can only pick up items when in windowed mode and I downscale my resolution. This is definitely a bug.
"
PossibleTango wrote:
I found the issue. The game is bugged when at my resolution of 5120x1440p, I can only pick up items when in windowed mode and I downscale my resolution. This is definitely a bug.

Well since GGG have moved your thread away from BUG section, then apparently not.
path of exile is a diablo-like game, it has a variety of jobs, but you can't remember its tables. So you can download android apk mod to experience interesting apps
Last edited by ThelmaSingleton on Mar 25, 2023, 8:01:30 AM
https://youtu.be/qT94dIM7KCQ

So this is not a bug?
I have the same problem with a large monitor and playing with controller. Watch his video - this is clearly a bug.

If you stand on the item or near it, the UI for picking up the item doesnt appear. If you move away to the left on the screen it appears. If you now press A to pick the item up, the character looks in the direction of the item but of course you are too far away.

I really want to play the game without doing so in a tiny window in windowed mode on a big monitor...
My main issue with controller, especially bathing in this incredibly rippy league mechanic (affliction), is that we can't rebind interact or add a shift-mod to it (hold l2 and then press x to interact with altar, or DO NOT INTERACT WITH OBJECT IF LOOT INTERACT IS WITHIN RANGE UNLESS, for example)...

In addition to being bound to loot which I often intend to interact with before whatever npc/object, sometimes I'm just trying to get the hell out of there with a movement skill on r2+x.

I'd like to get turned inside out by these overjuiced mobs failing on my own right the way nature intended and not guessing what happened behind a ritual altar popup.

Otherwise mostly-controller mode is pretty good. Certain social/menu stuff should always be allowed by KBM but overall mostly great job. Fix the panic / crowded input experience and deliver settings though please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info